Mac System Requirements

TonyDennis
TonyDennis
Community Member

Greetings, AgileFolk!

One of our clients pointed out that the 1P7 Mac download page notes that the minimum system requirement is OS X v10.13. Why is this? We have been keeping our clients at v10.12 due to our support utilities, e.g., Disk Warrior, not yet supporting APFS. We and they have been using 1P7 for a very long time with no known problems. In fact, I'm a beta tester under 10.12 and have been having no apprent problems.
Are there any known problems with OS X v10.12? Will it become a problem with upcoming releases? This is an important issue for us as we want to keep ourselves and our clients at 10.12 until the utility vendors completely support APFS. Without them, we're stuck with only Apple's Disk Utility to do disk repairs, which would be very bad since Disk Warrior has fixed many disk directory problems that Disk Utility could not fix!
I know we're running way behind, OS-wise, but it apparently took Apple forever to release its final APFS spec to these vendors, which is not their (or our) fault.😉

Please advise. Thanks!😎

1Password Version: 7.3.3.BETA-2 (70303002)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1P Teams

Comments

• Hi @TonyDennis

While 1Password 7 will run on macOS 10.12 we cannot support all of its features there, notably Touch ID. It seems the support for Touch ID in the OS didn't really fully stabilize until 10.13. As such we're unable to make Touch ID work reliably there. If you aren't using Touch ID, or it is (by chance) working well there for you, then I wouldn't anticipate any issues in the immediate future. That said, I really couldn't speculate about what may come further down the road. Officially 10.13 is required, which means that only best effort support is offered for 10.12. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. Fingers crossed the issues holding you back are corrected soon so that you can update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.