How can I stop 1Password X from asking me to "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on..."?

It is very annoying to have this pop-up occur every time 1Password wants to fill in something simple like my email address from my identity. This seems like new behavior. I hope there's a way to turn this annoyance off. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Click OK to fill your 1Password item on

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Discloop! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please share a screenshot of this message with us? If you could also give us an example of a website where this is happening it would be very useful too. Thank you!

• I'm seeing it too. It doesn't seem to be site specific, I think it appears any time I'm inserting a credit card.

Chrome 79,80 on Linux.

• teddertedder
    edited February 14

Here it is on the 1password site itself.

• Here's an example from TARGET.COM. I was trying to create an account starting with my email address from my 1Password identity.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hey @Discloop and @tedder! As of now, there isn't a way to disable the prompt when filling via the 1Password X inline menu. What the prompt does is ensure that you're intentionally filling Credit Card and Identity items, whether the inline menu is hidden or not. We put a lot of effort into not requiring this prompt, as it introduces an extra step in the filling process, but found that a prompt was the simplest and safest solution for the time being. We'll continue to seek better solutions to this problem in the future. I appreciate your feedback in the meantime.

• I am very disppointed in this explanation. Why would I need to confirm that I want a field to be filled if I have already explicitly clicked on the 1Password button to do that? Especially since I can always clear the filled information if it was, indeed, unintentional. Confirmations make perfect sense when the action might be irreversable, but that is not the case here. For $36 per year, I expect an app to assist in my productivity and not hinder it.
    I sincerely hope a better solution is found. In the meantime, I have cancelled my 1Password subscription and will look for a product that is more user friendly.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@Discloop – Thank you for your feedback on the subject. ❤️ You're right in that the prompt isn't terribly useful when you're able to see and click on items in the inline menu. However, the prompt is useful when the inline menu is present but made hidden by the website (or other extensions) through the adjustment of certain elements and styles. While it's unlikely, it's something we need to be aware of and take additional precautionary steps when filling from the inline menu. Filling from the 1Password X pop-up will avoid the prompt altogether since the pop-up can't be altered on the page.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've canceled your 1Password subscription because of this. It's never our intention to hinder your productivity. That being said, 1Password is a security company at its roots, and we tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to anything security related, in my experience. I know that may not always be in line with the most convenient answer, so I really do empathize with you. I've passed your feedback along to our developers, and again, I'm very grateful for you sharing your thoughts with me.

ref: dev/core/core#761

• mdmmdm

Landed here looking up that message because I hadn't seen it before. Strange that it happens when filling credit card details with 1PasswordX but not doing the same using the 1Password App itself. In any case, if anything can be done to get rid of that popup it would be a welcome improvement!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us @mdm :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file