Linking function in standalone vault

I can link an item to another in a 1password.com vault. Why there is no such function in a standalone vault? It is actually a simple function, right? Just fill the UUID of one item to another and make a jump function when you click the link.(I think it is how it works, right? Because in 1password X, I can see a UUID without jump function rather than an icon with link function)

Comments

• Hey again @wuuyuu 😊

In a similar vein to what I mentioned on your prior forum post -- the item linking functionality is something that was designed for use solely with a 1Password.com Account.

Since the item linking functionality relies on the 1Password.com Account in order for it to work properly behind-the-scenes, that's why it's not something available within locally-stored vaults.

• wuuyuu
    wuuyuu
    Community Member

@Blake Well, I see. What I'm doing now is to add UUID manually, cuz I really need it in a standalone vault. A way for no way though..

• @wuuyuu

Thanks for letting us know about your use case. At this time we do not have plans to bring item linking to standalone vaults. As such I would encourage you to plan around what is currently available. If item linking is important to you, then you may need to consider switching to membership vaults.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.