TouchID Failure

HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member

As seen in the linked screenmovie, I'm seeing continuing issues with 1P not responding to TouchID attempts. This is just one example - other times the "Unlock 1P" process is unresponsive - but that's been an intermittant issue for a while now. This occurred in Safari TP Release 115 (Safari 14.1, WebKit 16611.1.3.5).

https://app.box.com/s/qywlrwqi8us0pro5nm0sgrxqvpnlx1x4

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-11 (70700011)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.0.1 Beta (20B5012d)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @HFTobeason

That would generally indicate that the secret needed to unlock 1Password is no longer stored in the macOS keychain. Unlocking with your Master Password should put that secret back there. If you unlock with your Master Password are you then able to subsequently able to unlock using Touch ID?

Ben

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I think I wasn't clear - the issue shown in the screenmovie was that clicking the little fingerprint icon was having no effect - so I couldn't even try to unlock 1P with my fingerprint. I eventually just typed in my master password in the "Enter Your Master Password" field. The click-has-no-effect issue occurs fairly often for me in Safari when 1P needs to unlock.

• @HFTobeason

Thanks; I understand. Once you've unlocked using your Master Password are you then able to unlock using Touch ID?

Ben

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

When TouchID is offered, as in I get the actual message to put my finger down, then it works - it's getting to that message that is often the issue - quite often 1P icons simply don't respond to clicks. Just now, for example, clicking on the 1P icon inside a UserName field had no effect (again, in SafariTP). I had to click on the 1P extension icon in the Safari Toolbar to get anything to happen.

• evanB
    evanB
    Community Member

@Ben Hey there, just letting you know that I've also consistently seen this behavior with the Touch ID button on the unlock screen in the past few Betas. I'm pretty sure it's correlated with when my "Require Master Password" window expires, and seems like the UI just isn't updating to reflect this.

This discussion has been closed.