Can I change a login from private to shared?

CherylEnyart
CherylEnyart
Community Member

Can I change a login from private to shared? We have 50 set to private and didn't realize we need them as shared. Please tell me there's a way to simply switch from one to the other.
Thank you
Cheryl Enyart

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I change from private to shared?

Comments

• @CherylEnyart

Sure, you can do that. Select the items and then right-click and move to the shared vault of your choosing. It's best for the shared item to remain in the shared vault. I would not recommend creating a duplicate item as, over time, they could differ due to one being changed and not the other.

Copy or move items.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

@CherylEnyart If you want to move multiple items then its best done from the Windows/MacOS app as you can select multiple items. The web interface only allows you to move one item at a time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, thank you for the clarification @missingbits :+1:

• Michael13
    Michael13
    Community Member

@ag_tommy: I can do this only in the desktop app. In the webinterface there is no function move or copy. When I select one item in logins and do a right-klick, there is nothing like move or copy. Whats going wrong in my browser? I use firefox an chrome (latest version).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Michael13:

The move and copy feature is only available in the 1Password apps, not in the browser yet.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

@Michael13 It's not obvious.
    Click on the item in the list on the left and it will appear in the right hand pane (you might need to click on the item twice due to a known bug).
    Immediately below the item name in the right hand pane there's a box with an arrow coming out of it. Click on this and you will get 4 options, one of which is to move/copy.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You cannot move multiple items this way though @missingbits, that is only available in the 1Password apps.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@ag_ana Understood. I got the impression that @Michael13 was unable to move even one item from the browser interface.

• Michael13
    Michael13
    Community Member

@ag_ana: But why there is a discrepancy in functions between deskop app and webinterface? item copy/move only in desktop-app, user management only in webinterface?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Michael13:

In the future we would indeed like to have the same features everywhere (as much as platform differences would allow us, of course), so this is certainly something we are working towards :)

This discussion has been closed.