Login not working on Western Union website

Options

I'm using 1password X 1.23.1 on Brave 1.20

Trying to log in using 1password here:
https://www.westernunion.com/gb/en/web/user/login

Although 1password fills in my email and password into the form, the password is rejected by the form. To login, I need to copy my password from 1password and paste it into the password field.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:login not working on Western Union

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @robertgreenford 👋

I found what may the culprit after taking a look at the HTML on westernunion.com. What I noticed is that the password field has a max-length of 16. When 1Password fills the password, it doesn't take into account the max-length attribute, so the password in its entirety is filled. Now I don't have a Western Union account, so I'm hoping you can test this out for me. Would you mind shortening the current password you have stored in your Western Union Login item to the first 16 characters? Please copy and paste the password elsewhere before testing this so you don't forget it. I'd just copy and paste it into a note within the 1Password Login item to make things easier (and make sure it's secure). Now that you only have the first 16 characters stored in your 1Password item, please try filling on westernunion.com, and let me know what you discover.

• robertgreenford
    robertgreenford
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @kaitlyn, that fixed the issue.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

On behalf of Kaitlyn, you're most welcome :chuffed:

ref: dev/core/core#5302