1Password Classic and CIBC Online Banking

Options
Joelc
Joelc
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I am writing to report a bug...Windows Extension for Chrome Version of 1Password does not properly populate CIBC Online's Card Number and Password fields (i.e. the Card Number is not being populated and is being left blank; the Password is being populated but I do not know with what information.).

This problem is unique to the Windows Version as both the macOS version and the iOS version function properly.

Would love to have this fixed.

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Joelc!

Can you please share a full URL to this page, so we can try to test it? Thank you!

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning ag_ana, I appreciate you following up.

The URL to the page is https://www.cibconline.cibc.com/ebm-resources/public/banking/cibc/client/web/index.html#/signon

Thanks and look forward to hopefully having this fixed.

Joel

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Joelc ,
    Thanks for the link, and sorry for the delayed reply.

I tested it and when saving a new login on this website, it did autofill both fields properly for me. Can you please try this on your Windows PC:

1. Open your 1Password desktop app.
    2. Locate the current login entry of this website and delete it from 1Password (copy the username/password into a temporary location).
    3. Go to the website's login page, manually type in your username (card number) and password, then log in. 1Password should pop up asking you if you'd like to save it as a new login - confirm and save it.
    4. Log back out, this time try to autofill using the new login you just saved.

Did the new login autofill both fields correctly?

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron , thank you for your response. I did try to recreate the login details as you suggested but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. Would appreciate advice as to the next steps.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Joelc – I appreciate you giving it a try. I tested it out on my end, and I'm seeing the same results as Yaron. I wanted to create a video of the steps I'm taking and have you confirm you're following the same steps. If that's the case, I'll try sending you the item I created to see if you have any better luck with it.

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn , hi there and VERY MUCH appreicate you taking theme to make the video.

I did the exact same thing that you but I do note that you are working in the macOS environment...here is teh weird thing, the fields are PROPERLY completed in macOS but ARE NOT properly completed in Windows 10.

To teh issue is therefore a Windows 10 issue, just saying!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Joelc – So interesting! I was afraid of that since I was only able to test it out on my Mac. I've asked a colleague of mine to do some testing on Windows and see if we can't get an item filling for you. We'll escalate the issue to the development team if need be. :)

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn, thank you, this is much appreciated...in the event you need me to I can send you a screen recording of both the macOS and Windows side of things to show what is happening....thanks again!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Joelc – Funnily enough, my colleague wasn't able to reproduce the issue either. 🤔

Could you let me know what version of Chrome you're using?

Also, let's make sure you're using the newest version of 1Password in your browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

I am using Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

I also installed the extension per your above link and the problem persist... :(

I appreciate all the help and suggestions...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming @Joelc .

Do you use the English version of this website or does it load in a different language for you?

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron , I very much appreciate the AgileBits team continuing to follow up to get this fixed.

In response English throughout everywhere.

Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming @Joelc .

I tested this once more, on Windows, and this time I also checked the new login item that was saved to see if there was anything that could cause this but things seem pretty standard there. Please check this video recording and compare it to your login item, let us know if you see any difference in the new login you saved: https://recordit.co/jTdzVPHo9B

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron , I appreciate you making the video...I will start from scratch (i.e. delete the all CIBC accounts that I have setup and see whether that fixes things) either later tonight or tomorrow and will then report back.

With much thanks!

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

@ag_yaron, I have good and bad news...the good news, the problem is solved. I solved the problem by removing the Extension from my Chrome browser, reinstalling the Extension in my Chrome browser [from the 1Password Settings window] and voila, all good / fixed :) ... the bad news, for some reason I was getting "notifications" in the Extension Dropdown that my version of 1Password was being update BUT the Extension itself was never being updated, hence the problem...your video -- BIG thanks to you -- was the key as your Extension in your video looked different from the Extension I had in Chrome!

So the question is now this, how do I check / confirm that my Extension is being properly updated to avoid future problems like this?

Thanks,

Joel

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Joelc ,
    I'm glad to hear things are working as expected now!

It sounds like you had our older 1Password Classic extension installed, while we were trying to troubleshoot things with the newer 1Password in the browser (the one that shows up automatically inside/under fields and suggest saving).

Since you had a completely different extension which was on its latest version, you had nothing to update and didn't need updating. But now that you have the newer extension, you should stay up to date as extensions update automatically via the browser's extensions store.

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you :)

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron , appreciate all of your help and your explanation; hopefully the extension will stay current.

Thanks for everything!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron and Kaitlyn, you are welcome @Joelc! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, I apologize to all. A heartfelt thank you to EVERYONE ON THE AGILEBITS TEAM WHO ASSISTED!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Happy to help, @Joelc! If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.