Autofill on Android 12 doesn't seem to work

124»

Comments

• AlexanderCarpenterAlexanderCarpenter
    Community Member

Has this been fixed yet? In its current state, it does not prompt for autofills on identity fields (name, email, phone) on the browser. As a result, I suggest people use Google or some other autofill service for now

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @alexmidd, thanks for confirming that and I apologize for my delay in response.

I'd be happy to help dig into this further and do some troubleshooting. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include a link to this thread and your username.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hello @AlexanderCarpenter, thanks for joining us on the forum!

Just to clarify, 1Password 7 for Android does not Autofill identities. 1Password 8 for Android, now available in early access, can Autofill Logins, Identities and Credit Cards. You can test the 1Password 8 beta by downloading our new Android app here:

If you have any feedback regarding 1Password 8, we'd love to hear from you on our Android beta page here:

Thanks again!

• alexmiddalexmidd
    Community Member
    edited June 22

Hi Timothy

Thanks for your messages.

I have created the diagnostics report and sent that to the address advised. Hopefully this can help with diagnosing the issue.

Alex

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Thanks for sending that in @alexmidd! We'll follow up with you there.

The second message I posted was for a different Alex, who asked a question regarding filling Identities after your previous update. I apologize for any confusion!

• alexmiddalexmidd
    Community Member

Hi Timothy.

Yes, the name caught me out there and I realised the second message wasn't for me so I've edited my message. Sorry about that.

The instructions in the email seem to have worked as it started working after I toggled the autofill switch off and then on again.

Thanks very much for your help.

Alex

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @alexmidd, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear resetting Autofill previews has helped. If you run into any other issues, feel free to contact us!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file