Getting BETA update while 1P is set to Production channel.

ozarkcanoerozarkcanoer Junior Member
Community Member

I'm using 1P v8. After V8 was officially released I changed to the Production release channel.
But today I checked for updates and another BETA version was installed. Is there something else I need to do in Preferences/Advanced so I'll stop receiving BETA updates?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 80800021, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited May 11

@ozarkcanoer

A new production release has not been released since you made the change. I would anticipate you continuing to receive beta updates so you're not left on an older build. Once a new production build is released I'd expect you to move over to it. I'm afraid I do not have a time frame for the next production release. My apologies for that.

Happy canoeing!

• ozarkcanoerozarkcanoer Junior Member
    Community Member

Thanks. Will resume patience. I find V8 fine for my uses. Have used 1P for about 12-15 years.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Thank you for your long-time support of 1Password, @ozarkcanoer! We're thrilled. Should you have any issues moving over to the next Production release (when it comes), let us know and we'll be happy to provide customized support. 👍

• mikeboremikebore Junior Member
    Community Member

Same problem here, After my bad Nightly Build experience in this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/129829/nightly-build-1p8-not-syncing-correctly-with-other-devices#latest

I reverted to Production Release 1P8 using method in this thread:https://1password.community/discussion/129438/my-1p8-beta-not-updating-to-1p8-release-version#latest

All seemed well and I checked VERY CAREFULLY that Prefs > Advanced said "Production Channel" after doing it.

Today I saw the '1P will update on restart' message, so before restarting I again checked the pref setting. Still said "Production".

Did the restart and am now on Nightly Build 8.8.0 80800091.

Prefs > Advanced still says "Production".

I guess the instructions I linked to aren't sufficient...there must be another prefs file needs deleting, But if that is the case why did the app report that it was on 'Production" update in Prefs> Advanced?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file