Firefox extension on macOS not prompting for TouchID

I'm using 1Password 8.7.0 on macOS 12.3.1. I have enabled TouchID in 1Password > Security > Touch ID and it works fine. When I open the 1Password app, the system prompts me for my fingerprint and then unlocks.

I have the 1Password extension 2.3.3 installed on Firefox Developer Edition 101.0b2. 1Password works great in the browser except that the extension never prompts me for my fingerprint. Instead, I always have to enter my password when the extension needs to be unlocked. This is becoming tiresome.

I don't see any options in the browser extension for enabling Touch ID, and it seems to behave the same whether or not the 1P app is unlocked.

So: how can I get Touch ID unlock to work in the 1Password Firefox extension? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:firefox touchid 8

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @smammy !

I'm sorry for the issue you've bumped into. This certainly isn't how 1Password is supposed to work, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

It sounds like 1Password in the browser and the 1Password app are having a little trouble communicating. I'd recommend trying the following steps to see if it helps to bring things back into function:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" at the end of General section and toggle it off.
    3. Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults".
    4. Sign out of your account and Sign in again.

After that, please give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser. Once your computer turns back on, continue with the following:

1. Open and sign into the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Then go ahead and re-open the web browser and turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" option again.

If that doesn't work, let us know and we can grab some diagnostics from you, and get you into support to dig deeper.

Cheers 🙂

• smammy
    smammy
    Community Member

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, that didn't work. It seems like the browser extension is operating completely independently of the app, even when I turn "Integrate with 1Password app" back on. I'd be happy to collect diagnostics. Just tell me what you need.

Thanks!
    -sam

• Hey @smammy:

Thanks for following up! I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report and a console log from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Attach the diagnostics report and console log to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• smammy
    smammy
    Community Member

Thanks! Here's the ID: [#MHF-48461-453]

This discussion has been closed.