1Password Safari Extension Opening with Apple Keyboard using TouchID

Options
MGOBLUE
MGOBLUE
Community Member

We recently got an apple keyboard with the TouchID feature. The main app (1Password7) opens fine using Touch ID, but the Safari extension does not unlock when the main app unlocks. I noticed Chrome, however, does unlock. Is there a way to get Safari to unlock when the main app unlocks?
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @MGOBLUE! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble unlocking 1Password in Safari using Touch ID. Are you using the new standalone 1Password for Safari extension or the built-in extension that comes with 1Password 7? You can check by doing the following:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click on Safari next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Click on Extensions.
    5. Is "1Password" or "1Password for Safari" enabled?

If you see "1Password for Safari" then this version only integrates with 1Password 8. You can download, and update to, 1Password 8 directly through our website:

If "1Password" is checked instead then please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• MGOBLUE
    MGOBLUE
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment @Dave_1P We are using 1Password 7 with the 1Password for Safari extension 2.3.3. The 1password extension 7.9.4 is not active.

I thought 1Password 8 is beta.

Thoughts are welcome.
    Thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MGOBLUE

Version 8 has been released.

• mlaferle
    mlaferle
    Community Member
    Options

Using released 1PW8 for Safari Extension.... when I click the icon it just says "Loading..." and spins and does nothing. Not offered touch ID or apple watch unlock. If I click the icon again, I get a password entry screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Let me know if I can provide more details. This happens even when the 1PW8 app is open and unlocked. Seems like they aren't connected, you have to unlock the Safari extension and local app separately. Thanks.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@mlaferle

Do you still have 1Password 7 installed? Is the older app extension from 1Password 7 enabled or disabled? Try quitting Safari and 1Password. Be sure to completely quit no just close. Look for 1Password in the menu bar and select quit. Right-click Safari and select quit. Open 1Password 8 and unlock, open Safari.

I would also check the integration settings. Right-click on the 1Password for Safari icon in the browser tool bar and select settings. Make sure the Integrate with1Password app setting is enabled.

• mlaferle
    mlaferle
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I have 1PW7 installed because there are features missing in 1PW8 (i.e. re-sorting websites). I thought it was completely closed, but I guess not as I now see two icons in the top menu bar. I completely closed 1PW7 helper. Let's see how it goes today. Thanks.

• mlaferle
    mlaferle
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and yes, the extension settings say to integrate with 1Password app. Maybe it is confused if both were installed and running?

• Hey @mlaferle:

That definitely could be a cause. Let us know if you still have any trouble.

Jack

• mlaferle
    mlaferle
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled 1P7. I'm still having the same problem. Still can't use TouchID opening 1P for Safari Extension. I've resorted to leaving it entirely unlocked, and just locking my Mac every time I walk away.

• mlaferle
    mlaferle
    Community Member
    Options

IT IS FIXED! I think the latest update from June 3 that finally installed (I think on a reboot/restart?) seems to have restored things to working order.

• Hey @mlaferle:

Glad to hear it! Feel free to get in touch if you need anything else in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.