touchid stopped working

Options
anson
anson
Community Member

For some reason, touchid has stopped working with 1pass. This seems to have happened in the past week.

• TouchID works with my mac for unlocking my machines
  • i restarted and no luck
  • OS and app seems to latest and greatest
  • touchid does not work for 1pass from browser or desktop app
  • I have toggled touchID on/off in 1pass settings
  • recreated my fingerprint

I log into 1pass on the desktop app, I get a password prompt. I get in and I do a shift+command+l to lock to trigger the touchID option. Upon trying, it doesnt like it and redirects to password options. I have a small console dump but cant ascertain if there is anything sensitive in there so holding off on posting.

1Password Version: 80800203
Extension Version: 104.0.5112.79
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:touchid not working

Comments

• anson
    anson
    Community Member
    Options

bump

• anson
    anson
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

how do i completely remove 1password and all the other files? Deleting the app had no change as it knew my vault was there already?

Additional things I have done.

• moved stable, then to beta then onto nightly builds. no change
    • restarted and shutdown multiple times. touchid works for OS but not 1pass
  • andrew.l_1P
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @anson,

Apologies for the delay and I'm sorry to hear Touch ID isn't working as expected. Thanks for outlining the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, I think you're on the right track. Please try the following in order:

1. Completely turn off your Mac and then turn it on
    2. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac
    3. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Touch ID
    4. Turn off all of the features, then turn all of them back on again
    5. Go back to 1Password and choose 1Password > Preferences from the menu bar
    6. Click the Security icon, then turn off "Touch ID" and turn it back on again
    7. Lock 1Password by choosing 1Password > Lock 1Password
    8. Now try unlocking 1Password using Touch ID.

Let me know how this goes and we can figure out our next steps from there. 🙂

• anson
    anson
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

thanks for the response @andrew.l_1P .

Tried the steps with no luck. I also updated to 12.5.1. Any other suggestions?

I think this issue may have started after I enabled the ssh key agent. It was working fine and then it stopped working. I disabled the agent and things havent been the same since.

• Hi @anson:

The next step would be taking a closer look at the specific setup of your Mac. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• anson
    anson
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

@Jack.P_1P [#CPL-72757-462]

• Thanks @anson. We'll take a closer look, and get back to you via email. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: CPL-72757-462

This discussion has been closed.