[macOS] Menu bar icon not appearing despite preference being checked

Comments

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P
    I am running the latest Beta version on my M2 Macbook Air, and the 1P icon isn't in my menu bar. It's in safari, no problem, but not at the very top with all my other icons. How can I use Quick Access if the icon isn't there? Please advise, thanks :)

• @iamecho

As far as I'm aware you can only open Quick Access under those conditions if you have the 1Password window open (it can be in the background/hidden).

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Ben - So there shouldn't be a 1P icon in the menu bar along with battery, wifi, search etc?

• @iamecho

In order to best access Quick Access there should be, yes. To add it there check the 1Password > Preferences > General > Keep 1Password in the menu bar option.

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Ben That's my problem :) - the box is checked!

• Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. That seems to be a different issue than what the OP was describing. They've intentionally disabled that:

Uncheck 'Keep 1Password in the menu bar' in Preferences

I've split your messages into a separate thread so that we can properly focus on each issue without confusing them. 🙂🤞 To help track this down, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben
    Diag report sent and Support ID below

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#AIB-31116-291]

• @iamecho

Thanks for the submission. I see it. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: AIB-31116-291

• mlaurel
    mlaurel
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

I think I'm also having the same issue.... menu bar active, but no icon. I've noticed it for awhile, just getting around to looking into it. I also sent my logs to the support+forum email. Thanks in adv!

10 minutes later...

Ugh... how annoying. I closed out Bartender and the icon popped up... even thought I didn't hide or move it (bad Bartender)! Solution solved (for me at least). I'll leave this post just in case

• @malaurel

I've noticed some oddities with other apps but they are betas so I expect Bartender to not be perfect with them. I've not seen anything with regard to 1Password. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out.

This discussion has been closed.