1Password 8 menu bar icon not appearing

Options
Nunuv Yurbiz
Nunuv Yurbiz
Community Member

After upgrading to 8, the menu bar icon did not appear (the 8 icon, not the old 7 one, and yes I checked preferences to ensure it was enabled). So I rebooted, and it appeared, but then went away again. So I launched 1Password, and it appeared, but then when I quit, it disappeared, and now won't return, even after launching 1Password. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @Nunuv Yurbiz! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that the menubar icon isn't appearing. Can you please try the following steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Uncheck "Keep 1Password in the menu bar".
    5. Check "Keep 1Password in the menu bar".

Then try to close the main window by clicking on the red close icon in the upper left corner of the window. Does the 1Password icon stay in the menubar? If it doesn't then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Nunuv Yurbiz
    Nunuv Yurbiz
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

@Dave_1P I had tried unchecking, and then re-checking, the "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" option, to no avail. However, it turns out the issue was lack of space in the menu bar, which surprised me for two reasons:

1. There appeared to be plenty of room remaining. I realize the space taken by a menu item exceeds the visible icon but even so it appeared to have plenty of room.
    2. I thought macOS shifts menu items to the other side of the notch if there is insufficient space, but perhaps that depends on the menu item.

In any event, this is now resolved.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@Nunuv Yurbiz

I use Bartender to shift some items out of the menu bar. You might want to consider something like that if space is a concern. There may be other apps that can do this, but it is the one I use on my devices. I appreciate you letting us know this was resolved.

• Nunuv Yurbiz
    Nunuv Yurbiz
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I had some items in both the control center and separately in the menu bar (Wifi, battery, etc.). I just confined them to the control center only, which functions as a built in Bartender, of sorts.

• Thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'll certainly need to keep this one in the back of my memory.

This discussion has been closed.