Cannot use Apple Watch to open 1Password for Mac 8.9.4

jdguilty
jdguilty
Community Member

Since upgrading to 1Password for Mac 8.9.4 the "Security" preference to unlock the application with Apple Watch has disappeared.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jdguilty ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues unlocking 1Password with your Apple Watch on your Mac. Are you still able to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch? If so, can you try these steps to see if it helps get things up and running for you:

1. Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Preferences > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch"). (Skip this step if you don't see the option.)
    2. Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Uncheck "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac")
    3. Turn off your Mac.
    4. Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    5. Turn on your Mac.
    6. Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Check "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac")
    7. Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password (1Password > Preferences > Security > Check "Apple Watch").

If that doesn't help, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• jdguilty
    jdguilty
    Community Member

Not sure how and why it happened, but I happened to check the preferences within 1Password this morning (not having done any of the previously mentioned instructions within this thread), and the unlock with Apple Watch functionality returned and I'm back in business. Life in 1Password land is good, somewhat, once again.

• Hi @jdguilty

I'm glad to hear that the Apple Watch option has returned without having to do any troubleshooting. If this issue pops up again, give those steps above a try or give us an email and we'll gladly help you further :)

• Haole
    Haole
    Community Member

I've had the same issue. I followed the above steps and regained the ability to unlock, however the problem has returned. I'm using version 1Password for Mac 8.9.8

• Hi @Haole,

Thanks for giving those steps a try, I'm sorry to hear the issue has returned. If you're open to doing some more troubleshooting, I'd recommend giving those steps another try and then the next time you notice the issue resurface, generate a diagnostic report. You can use the same instructions that Jac mentioned above, just with your own forum username instead. That will give us a better understanding of what's happening under the hood.

Let me know if you have any questions! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.