Secure Input Enabled problem

EWTHeckman
EWTHeckman
Community Member

Over the past month or so I've been having a lot of problems with Secure Input Mode becoming enabled until I restart my computer. It blocks access to Keyboard Maestro, my macro utility. (You can see why that might be a problem.)

Usually it says that it thinks 1Password is the culprit, though from time to time it also says Login Manager is at fault.

I just ran into a situation were I was able to see this happen. Here are the steps.

I'm using the Brave browser. I went to a site where a password was required. I had not yet unlocked 1PW, so I switched to the app and put in my password. Then I returned to Brave to use it.

Immediately after I did these steps, I checked Keyboard Maestro to see if Secure Input was enabled. It was, and indicated 1Password as the likely culprit. (Secure Input was not active prior to this.)

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• tdbbs
    tdbbs
    Community Member

have you found an answer cause i have this problem all the time now.

• EWTHeckman
    EWTHeckman
    Community Member

No answer beyond "don't do that." Mostly I can avoid the problem by being careful to leave the login page in the browser, switch to 1P to authenticate, then go back to the browser to log in.

I'm still getting occasional "secure input enabled" states for the login window, though I'm not sure why.

• Hello @tdbbs and @EWTHeckman! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is incorrectly enabling Secure Input on your Mac. You can disable Secure Input by completely closing 1Password:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the menubar.
    2. Click Quit.
    3. Re-open 1Password.

However I do understand that this isn't really a solution for the underlying problem and our developers are investigating this issue. Would you both mind sending in a diagnostics report in order to move our investigation forward? If you're able to send in a report then please follow these steps:

1. Wait until the issue occurs again and note the time and date.
    2. Create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#10714

This discussion has been closed.