Missing logins and passwords after upgrading to 1P8 for mac

Options
MJD8
MJD8
Community Member

I downloaded 1P8 on two laptops (macOS Monterey) and comparing the number of items on my iPad that I did not upgrade yet, there are 9 missing items on my laptops.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Missing logins and passwords after upgrading to 1P8 for mac

Comments

• Hi there @MJD8

Without knowing for sure, my guess would be that you might have a vault called Primary on your iPad – this won't sync with your 1Password account and therefore its contents wouldn't show up on your Mac.

In 1Password on your iPad, tap Settings > Vaults. If you see a Primary vault listed, you should copy all the items from your Primary vault to your Personal (or Private) vault.

Move and copy items

If you can't find a Primary vault or are still having trouble, let me know and I'll be able to look into this further with you. :)

— Grey

• MJD8
    MJD8
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, you are right. I was able to use my iPad’s version (7.9.9) and find the missing items which were all labeled in the Primary vault. I copied those to my Personal vault and now they show up on my laptop’s 1P8 version. What should I do with the Primary vault? There is a setting in Vaults “Always Open To” which I could turn off the Primary on my iPad. (That option I can’t find in new version.)

• @MJD8

Great! I'm glad to hear that was the original cause and that you've now moved everything over to your Personal vault. If everything you need is in your Personal vault, you can delete the Primary vault. Here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPad.
    2. Tap Settings > Vaults > Primary.
    3. Tap "Delete Vault" and follow the onscreen instructions.

Then, when everything is in your Personal vault and you have no Primary vault, you can Upgrade to 1Password 8 for iOS on your iPad, as long as it's running iPadOS 15.5 or later.

• MJD8
    MJD8
    Community Member
    Options

Great! Thanks!

• @MJD8 – You're very welcome. If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.