touch 1d not working ventura

mcyoura
mcyoura
Community Member

I was having trouble with Touchj ID not working on 1Password (1Password for Mac 8.9.8) after upgrading to Ventura 13.0.1--I was also having trouble with it working on my 14" MacBook Pro 2001. So, I unticked the boxes on both 1Password and on System Preferences, restarted, reticked the System Preferences, BUT 1Password won't allow me to tick the box in the Security pane for Touch ID. It remains grey. I have restarted my computer, un-ticked the System Prefs, quit 1Password and re-started in several combinations, but I am at a loss. Suggestions, please?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @mcyoura! 👋

I'm sorry that Touch ID is not working to unlock 1Password on your MacBook Pro. It sounds like you've probably already tried similar steps but can you try these specific steps in the order listed:

1. Completely turn off your Mac and then turn it on to restart it. (Don't skip this step.)
    2. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    3. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Touch ID & Password.
    4. Turn off all of the features, then turn all of them back on again.
    5. Go back to 1Password and choose 1Password > Settings from the menu bar.
    6. Click the Security icon, then turn on "Touch ID".
    7. Lock 1Password by choosing 1Password > Lock from the menu bar.
    8. Now try unlocking 1Password using Touch ID.

If that still doesn't work then can you tell me if you're able to unlock the MacBook Pro itself using Touch ID?

-Dave

• mcyoura
    mcyoura
    Community Member

Yes, I can unlock the MacBook Pro using Touch ID.
    I carefully followed your steps, but when I get to #6, it will not allow me to turn on Touch ID. The box is greyed out, not an empty square, so I can't check the box to turn it on.

• @mcyoura

I'm sorry that Touch ID is still not working with 1Password. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.