1Password 8.9.15 Mac asking for account details due to "recent change" that doesn't exist?

dcorsi
dcorsi
Community Member

In the last several days 1Password 8.9.15 on my M1 Mac running Ventura 13.1 has been randomly popping up a dialog box that says recent changes have occurred to my security key and password and to reenter my account details. The dialog has a space for my security key (which appears pre-filled in with tons of the black dots the length of my key) and a password space that is blank. I have never changed either of these details for YEARS. at first I was concerned so I just canceled out of the dialog rather than entering anything and doing so allowed me to continue using 1Password as if nothing was wrong. After a few random dialogs like this (perhaps 2 a day?) I finally entered my master password where the password space was blank. this got rid of the dialog box and 1Password, as before, continued working normally... however the dialog will reappear randomly later in the day. Is this a bug? Anyone able to give me some guidance...

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @dcorsi

Let's get you over to email support and take a deeper look.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: dcorsi
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/137710/1password-8-9-15-mac-asking-for-account-details-due-to-recent-change-that-doesnt-exist

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• dcorsi
    dcorsi
    Community Member

I apologize but after I click "Send Diagnostics" I don't see where to click "Reveal" nor do I see a new file in my downloads folder? Thanks.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

Did you grant 1Password access to your Downloads folder? Did macOS prompt you?

• dcorsi
    dcorsi
    Community Member

I click the Send Diagnostics button and absolutely nothing happens.

• dcorsi
    dcorsi
    Community Member

This is the dialog I get a couple times a day... I can close the window and 1Password works fine. I can enter my password and the window goes away and 1Password also works fine. Either way the dialog keeps returning and I never changed either my master password or secret key.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@dcorsi

Please submit the following via email and we can also work on getting the report working.

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
    3. Click Go to Folder.
    4. In the new pop-up window that appears paste:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

5. Press return on your keyboard.

6. Find the folder titled logs and right-click on it.
    7. Click Compress "logs".
    8. Attach the logs.zip file that is created to your email submission.
  • @dcorsi

On your initial message you indicated 13.1 you might consider updating to 13.2 when possible. This will restart the device and may clear any log jams so you can send the report. If not, please send those log files.

• dcorsi
    dcorsi
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

I did something obvious I should have tried long ago, I just rebooted the machine. This resolved the issue with 1Password not allowing me to get anything from the "Send Diagnostics" button which now worked fine and I have the document. I just sent the email to you with the details on this issue but I also suspect the reboot fixed whatever went wrong in 1Password so perhaps I won't get the dialog box issue anymore but hopefully the logs can help you see what went wrong! Thanks again for the help, you guys are as always great.

Support ID number: (#QRU-54689-881)

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@dcorsi

We'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. I dare not say that the old turn it off and on again got me the other day with regard to Safari not doing what it should. So no worries. It get's all of us. 😉

Thanks again,

ref: QRU-54689-881

This discussion has been closed.