Sync not working between devices, all running 1Password 8

DeltaSeven
DeltaSeven
Community Member

I just discovered that syncing is not working between my Mac, iPhone and iPad. The Mac is running 8.9.15. The iOS devices are running 8.9.7.

When I log in to 1Password.com I see 494 items. On my Mac I see 488 items. I don't see a way to get a count on the iOS devices.

Also, a new entry on my Mac has newer data than the same item on 1password.com and my iOS devices.

On my Mac I've tried unlocking/locking.

Also tried signing out and back in. This surprised me...I signed out and all my entries were still there. Did signing out only break the link to the cloud? On the next launch I was prompted for my 2FA, entered that, and the app came up.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @DeltaSeven

On iOS, you can tap the ↓≡ sort options button at the top of the All Items list to see a count of your items, or use the alphabet index on the right to quickly scroll to the bottom and you'll see the total number of items there too.

If you find a device is out of sync with the number of items on 1Password.com, try restarting it. Open and unlock 1Password and wait a few moments to see if the prompt for a two-factor authentication code will be shown. Enter it if so, then allow a minute or two for the sync to process.

Restarting generally shakes sync issues loose, but if you're still having trouble, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

⚠️ Do not post your diagnostics reports here.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much! :)

— Grey

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

Thanks, @GreyM1P

Here's the number: #KQP-51653-378

I used your tip to get a count of the items on my iOS devices. Both the iPhone and iPad have 494 items. The cloud as 494 items. The problem is that my Mac only shows 488 items.

Let me know if you need more info. I'm eager to solve this sync problem.

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

@GreyM1P

I've done a bit of testing. When I make changes on my iPad they are reflected on 1Password.com within seconds. When I make changes on my Mac they never show up on 1Password.com.

And, probably related, sign out on my Mac doesn't work either. I guess because it's not talking to 1Password.com.

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

@GreyM1P

I've noticed that one of my 1Password logins, that I entered on my iPhone, is not on my Mac. But if I browse to that log in page...auto-fill works.

• Hi @DeltaSeven,

Thanks for these additional details, I can confirm we've received your email. Someone from the team will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible!

ref: KQP-51653-378

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

@andrew.l_1P @GreyM1P

Andrew, your fix instructions worked perfectly. Thanks!

For those reading along, the 1Password database on my Mac was somehow corrupted. Resetting the database, and pulling down a clean copy from the cloud was the fix. It was easy and worked fine.

• Happy to help! Glad to hear things went smoothly. 😊

This discussion has been closed.