To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account frozen even though apple subscription is active.

Options
hippiewho
hippiewho
Community Member

I've had the subscription for years and it just randomly became frozen today.

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Account frozen even though apple subscription is active

Comments

• @hippiewho

We don't discuss account details in the forum for your privacy. If things have not sorted themselves please reach out to us. Please use support+billing@1password.com to do so.

• gmantakis
    gmantakis
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password for years now and i am running my subscription through the Apple Store. Yesterday on the 19th March i was billed again and it shows me that the 1Password subscription is active. Also my subscription details on my iPhone tell me that i will be renewed again next month on the 19th of April. But since i woke up all my devices where i have installed 1Password have a message that my account is frozen and that i have to subscribe again through the 1Password website. I contacted 1Password already but i haven't received any answer yet.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
    Extension Version: 2.8.1
    OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
    Browser:_ Firefox, Chrome, Safari

• gmantakis
    gmantakis
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Out of the blue my account got frozen today. I was charged yesterday 3,99 Euro like every month but all my devices are frozen. I emailed the support but no one seems to bother to respond.

• andress
    andress
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here

• craftsy
    craftsy
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this problem

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

I have this exact issue.

Monthly subscription, which I've had running for years, renewed yesterday. All looks well with the subscription in the subscription section of the settings app, and the charge went through fine, but the 1password app says I need to reactivate my subscription.

• jcoyne
    jcoyne
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. Had it for years, the subscription renewed and now my 1pw account is frozen.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

I'm waiting for support to get back to me, but something's clearly gone wrong at their end.

• waynemel
    waynemel
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue on my Macbook and IPhone but 1 thing I noticed is that this occurs only when I open up 1Password 7. I also have 1Password 8 on my iPhone and message does not appear. I checked my subscription which is through Apple and up to date and I noticed it is updated to be 1Password 8 subscription. I wonder if the issue is for 1Password7? On a side note, I noticed that 1Password 8 s not on the App Store, why? Do I have to download from site?

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

My issue is with 1password 8. I tried a command I found on Reddit to reset the subscription, but it didn't work.

• waynemel
    waynemel
    Community Member
    Options

Small correction to my update. I do not get the pop up dialog box when I go to 1Password 8 but when I check on account status via Manage Account, it states Account Frozen and when I go to any of my listing, it states it is frozen with Reactivate Subscription button.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

It concerns me that this has been happening for at least a couple of weeks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/11j6e77/account_frozen_subscription_still_active/

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

I received a reply from support earlier requesting a screenshot of my invoice from Apple. I'll let you all know how it goes.

• chluk2425
    chluk2425
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue as well. My suscription just review yesterday and I have received confirmaton from APPLE regarding my subscription; but suddenly all my device said my account is frozen and ask me to subscribe.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I sent support a screenshot of my invoice from Apple yesterday, at their request, and now I'm just waiting to hear back.

• @ventmore

Thank you for writing in as we do not have access to billing details here in the community.

@andress @craftsy @gmantakis

Have you also contacted the billing team? If not, please do so using support+forum@1password.com and one of the team can look into this on your behalf.

• @ventmore

Apologies for the quick follow up. Did you use a different email address? I do not see an open ticket for you. Could you supply your support id? Please so not share your email here in the public community.

• Sorry folks, I've completed some merging. If anyone has not emailed us using support+forum@1password.com please do so. We do not have access to billing details here in the community. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thanks for looking into this. Yes, I did use a different address for the forum. My support ID is #IYP-24964-394.

• Thanks @ventmore

We received your latest reply. Someone from the billing team will be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: IYP-24964-394

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks @ag_tommy

I'll post back when it's resolved.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

The issue has been resolved for me, and all seems to be working as it should now. Many thanks to all involved. :)

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

It's back to frozen again.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks for the followup. I've alerted the team to followup with you via email.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_tommy

• waynemel
    waynemel
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I logged ticket yesterday, #RQB-62823-758. Still frozen. Only response so far was to verify my email address for 1Password. No further requests.

• @waynemel

Thanks for the id. My apologies for the wait. I've let the team know you're ready to move the needle on this.

ref: RQB-62823-758

• chluk2425
    chluk2425
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Same to me as well, I had emailed to the support 11 hours ago but no one is replying yet.... I had sent to support@1password.com; and just noticed above i should be sending to "support+billing@1password.com" or "support+forum@1password.com" so I have forwarded the email to the above two as well. Please help check it. It is affecting my life quite significantly

Ticket number is [#NVQ-82542-975]

• alexjuuhh
    alexjuuhh
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same exact issue today. My subscription is also through the Apple app store and was renewed on the 19th without issue. But now my account is frozen. I already logged a ticket #PBS-65216-832.

• gmantakis
    gmantakis
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

I have contacted support@1password.com, support+billing@1password.com, support+forum@1password.com and no one seems to care. Now two days 1Password is not usable because every time i have to copy paste manually every username and password, credit card details etc... I have used the same email on my Apple store subscription like the one i use at 1Password

This discussion has been closed.