To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account frozen even though apple subscription is active.

Options

Comments

• Chris10275
    Chris10275
    Community Member
    Options

Not much more to add. I have 7&8 installed on my iPhone and iPad. I renewed thru Apple Pay but yet I am FROZEN all over the place. If I delete the app and start fresh will I lose all my stored passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:My 1Password subscription is up to date but my account is frozen. HELP PLEASE‼️

• @Chris10275

I've merged your topic. Please email the billing team. We're working to answer everyones questions as soon as possible. support+forum@1password.com is the address to send your query to.

• Chris10275
    Chris10275
    Community Member
    Options

Tommy,
    Do you think I can cancel my Apple subscription and renew through the 1password ap?

• GTphotos
    GTphotos
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried support with apple who confirmed that I am subscribed, told me to go to the developer but getting nowhere. I have been using 1Password since version 3 without a problem. do you have any suggestions

1Password Version: 8.10.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: mac & ios
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I am frozen out of 1Password, I have A subscription in the apple store that is paid till 23/04

• mico1964
    mico1964
    Community Member
    Options

@ijsklont
    No, I have not been charged for a new subscription.
    And in any case, the notice that there is already a subscription appears before the purchase page (the one that requires double pressing of the side button).

• ijsklont
    ijsklont
    Community Member
    Options

@mico1964 Ok, thanks. For me it does not say I already have a subscription before the payment confirmation. I also cannot choose for monthly or yearly subscription. I'm still using 1Password 7 though, perhaps that's the reason.

• chriswilcox
    chriswilcox
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy given all the issues wouldn't it make sense to unfreeze all apple subscriptions that have recently expired while you look in to this and sort things out one by one. You have a lot of pissed off customers here who aren't able to access their accounts and aren't getting timely responses from your side (full disclosure - I am one of them).

• mico1964
    mico1964
    Community Member
    Options

@ijsklont
    Maybe.
    I have 1Password 8 with the annual subscription.
    I confirm that in my case the double click payment confirmation page did not appear.

• @andress

I do not have access to your account here in the community. I can't say for sure you're experiencing the same thing. However, you should reach out to my colleagues so they know you're affected by this.

• @Chris10275

Your suggestion seems plausible. We'd need to help with changes such as that on the backend. I'd make sure to send us an email and discuss it with my colleagues.

• dfrieberg
    dfrieberg
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I opened a case 3 days ago and I've got radio silence from support. Seriously, what kind of customer service is that???

• andress
    andress
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy, I already did contact your colleagues in MONDAY - all I recieved from them: yes, we have an issue and we are fixing it asap…and thats it, no more responses… Great support! :(

• If the reply was we're hoping to fix it asap, then it's likely they are knee deep trying to resolve whatever the trouble is. Apologies for the wait, but if they've acknowledged it's an issue all we can do is await a resolution.

• ijsklont
    ijsklont
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

The only reply I received was a request to send a copy of my invoice from Apple, so that my subscription could be reattached. I provided this within an hour or so, but haven't heard anything back since (this was Tuesday). The lack of updates is most frustrating to me. I have no idea if my issue is being looked into or not. It appears that quite a few people are affected by this (see also Twitter), but the only thing we hear is "Contact support". This is not very helpful if support goes silent for days, in particular since this is a rather fundamental issue rather than a simple bug that can wait.

Update: my account has been updated to "Subscribed" just now. Hopefully the issue is fixed now and it won't revert back to Frozen, as reported in this thread.

• waynemel
    waynemel
    Community Member
    Options

My account is now showing subscribed. No longer Frozen. All looks good now....for now.

• alexjuuhh
    alexjuuhh
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

My account has been frozen again.

[Profanity removed, please remember that this is a family friendly community - Moderator]

• alexjuuhh
    alexjuuhh
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

My account has been frozen again.

I've got an active subscription through the App Store, I haven't been billed for this month yet so it can't be a billing issue. If this is gonna happen every week, I might as well end my subscription.

Ticket number #UTI-71265-634

[Profanity removed, please remember that this is a family friendly community - Moderator]

• @alexjuuhh

I see you've emailed us. One of the team members will be in touch soon. My apologies for the trouble. We're unable to access account details here in the community.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

Frozen again here too.

• @ventmore

Please email the billing team once again. We don't have access to the needed tools here. Thanks and my apologies for the trouble.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

I've sent them an email......hoping for a more permanent fix this time.

• Thanks Ventmore. The team is investigating.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Are there any updates on this?

Really hoping to get it fixed before the long Easter weekend, but haven't heard anything from support yet.

I'm guessing I could fix it the same as I did last time, but I'd rather wait until you guys sort it at your end this time, as the fix clearly hasn't stuck.

• No, not that I am aware of but I do not work on that team. email would be best to ensure the correct team replies to you. Additionally, we do not have access to account details here in the community. I'm sorry I don't have any news to share.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

My account is now unfrozen. Support reset my trial and had me reapply my subscription. My only concern now is that this is basically the same fix we used 2 weeks ago, and it only lasted 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed they can track down the underlying issue.

• Saywhat75
    Saywhat75
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue.

• Nat9268
    Nat9268
    Community Member
    Options

I've had this issue and recently fixed it. Unsubscribing and re-signing up on th eapp store doesn't help, BUT unsubscribing on the app store and going through the 1password app to resuscribe there with apple pay fixed the issue for me.

This discussion has been closed.