To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account frozen even though apple subscription is active.

Options

Comments

• kmallein
    kmallein
    Community Member
    Options

I am in the same boat as of this morning, reached out to apple support and they said I am paid up and to reach out to 1password support. I emailed them, waiting to hear back what the issue is.

• mico1964
    mico1964
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, ticket #NGZ-73193-158

• gmantakis
    gmantakis
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello any new input on this? So now 3 days the account is frozen.. No one answers on the emails AND the subscription is paid. I cant edit old passwords (3 passwords have changed) and i cant even add new passwords. What is the purpose of having a subscription if it is not working and the support is not answering? This is a very amateurish behavior from 1Password. Why don't they release some official statement what the actual problem is?

• solstone
    solstone
    Community Member
    Options

Just created an account here as I saw on reddit that others were having this issue. I just encountered this today. Sub renewed automatically through Apple yesterday as it has for years (YEARS) and now suddenly I am frozen out. I have emailed support a bit ago but nothing but an automated response so far. The fact that just above this post is another saying that they have been locked out for 3 days so far is beyond troubling.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Mine was "fixed" for all of around 20 mins, earlier today, before reverting to frozen.

If I knew it'd definitely work then I'd just cancel the old sub, set up a new one, and be out the £3.49......it's costing me more than that in time right now.

• alexjuuhh
    alexjuuhh
    Community Member
    Options

@ventmore same here, got in contact with someone from the support team who “pushed a few buttons” and fixed it. 2 hours later and my account is frozen again.

The support guy said:

it can take some time for the Apple App Store to communicate with us that the subscription was renewed sometimes, so it can occasionally get hung-up in a transitional state like the one you're in.

But I wonder if that’s really the case here.

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

@alexjuuhh
    It sounds like the support guy was just trying to give you an explanation without knowing the facts.

Support got back to me with an explanation of the issue and a fix. The explanation seems plausible and, more importantly, the fix seems to have worked. The fix is basically what I was thinking of doing earlier......cancel and subscribe again. However...you don't lose out on the time you have left on your current subscription. When you set up the subscription again, it reattaches the cancelled subscription to your account, and says that you won't be charged until the date that subscription runs out.

Here's the entire email from support:

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delay in our response caused by high ticket volume. Your patience is appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear about the frozen account. Last week, 1Password migrated users from 1Password 7 subscriptions on iOS to 1Password 8 subscriptions. Affected users will receive an email advising of the migration.

Due to an error in the migration, users with migrated Apple subscriptions are seeing their subscriptions disconnected from their 1Password account. We are working with our Engineering team to resolve the issue.

I have placed you in a 14-day trial period so you aren't frozen while we work this out.

You'll want to first cancel the existing subscription that you'd like to reapply. This will free up the subscription to be reapplied using the provided steps. Follow the steps in this support article to cancel your subscription with Apple:

See or cancel your subscriptions - https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202039

Next you can apply your 1Password 8 Apple subscription purchase on your iOS device by following these steps:

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Go to your profile photo in the top left hand corner
    3. Select Manage accounts
    4. Select Subscribe, and choose the same subscription period as before.
    5. 1Password 8 should recognize that a subscription exists and relink the subscription and the account.
  • chluk2425
    chluk2425
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

1Password is not the only app I have subscription but it is the only app that have this “occasionally hung-up” problem. Just fact, and my account it still frozen.

• I apologize folks, but I cannot access your details here. The team is looking into the reports we have. If you've not let us know this is affecting you please do so by submitting a support request using support+forum@1password.com. Also, please look for followup emails from the team if you have reported the trouble.

• MHK
    MHK
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem - Apple account says paid - 1password App says account frozen - have been a member for years - come on guys sort this out please !

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    Can you post the fix here?

I received it in an email from support. Posted it earlier but the post is awaiting moderation......I think because I made too many edits in a short space of time.

• waynemel
    waynemel
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I have yet to hear back from anyone regarding my frozen account. I did send in additional information to my ticket, my billing statement from Apple showing payment for the subscription but still no update or response.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@ventmore

I think this is your post. I've freed it from moderation jail. Haha that moderation queue was a little over zealous. Sorry about that.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/681290#Comment_681290

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    Thank you kindly sir. :)

It's no problem. The copy/paste removed the link, and numbering on the steps. After a couple of edits I think the forum software got a little suspicious.

• @gmantakis

I see you've been talking with my colleague. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

• chluk2425
    chluk2425
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    I had sent emails to support+forum@1password.com
    For a day already but still no one get back to me. Please help checking….

• andress
    andress
    Community Member
    Options

FFS, how long does it take to fix your issues and send some feedback to your customers? Or is your intention to get people to switch to another password manager? I’m really thinking at that direction ATM

• gmantakis
    gmantakis
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Sorry but i haven't heard from them (support?) 3 days now. This is very very unprofessional. How can we migrate our data? Exporting to a 1pux file is exporting only usernames & passwords. Does exporting to a csv file also includes custom fields? I cant wait. i am loosing my time with this.

• riffman
    riffman
    Community Member
    Options

I managed to "unfroze" my account.

• Open 1Password settings on iPhone app

• Accounts

• On account tab should be button "Subscribe now" - click on it

• Choose monthly or annual billing type (I chose monthly because I actually have monthly subscription) and click Subscribe

• Got message that I already have subscription BUT my account wasn't frozen anymore

• chriswilcox
    chriswilcox
    Community Member
    Options

I have this issue also, I reported via the support form on the website yesterday, but no reply.

Yesterday was the monthly renewal date for the subscription. All looks fine on apple, and have an invoice, but frozen out yesterday with no warning. While I understand that this is paid product, freezing the account immediately with no 'grace' period to allow for billing issues to be resolved - especially when I've been a customer for a number of years - feels like a sharp practice and a particularly poor customer experience. I rely heavily on this app and its hugely inconvenient in its frozen state.

I'd also expect a more timely response to the support query...

• andress
    andress
    Community Member
    Options

@riffman, tried your solution, now I have 2 subscriptions and payed another 3.99 for the service...at least I can use. But from 1password support side I have not recieved nothing. I have seen poor support but this is from another level....unfortunately

• ventmore
    ventmore
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I posted the solution I received from support further up the thread, which is basically the same as @riffman did, but you cancel your current subscription first.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/681290/#Comment_681290

• upupcreative
    upupcreative
    Community Member
    Options

I've also been having this problem for days. I contacted support and a woman wrote back to me asking for proof of my active subscription. I sent it to her immediately and now haven't heard anything at all from her in days. In the one email she did initially send me, she made it seem like this is an isolated incident, but I've seen here and on Reddit and in other places that this seems to be affecting a LOT of people who subscribe through the Apple app store. I feel that that warrants some kind of broad communication from 1Password to all users, i.e. "this is a known issue and we are working quickly to solve the problem. If you are affected, here's what you should do:..." that kind of thing. Your entire business model relies on user trust and it's really hard to trust a company that I've paid and that is telling me I can't use its services despite that payment, and that furthermore seems to almost be ignoring my requests for help and pretending that this isn't a broad-reaching issue.

• ijsklont
    ijsklont
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add to the experience of others, I have been having exactly the same issue since my yearly subscription renewed a few days ago. I submitted a support ticket, after which I was asked to submit the Apple invoice. I did so immediately (reluctantly, as one of the reasons I subscribe via Apple is that I don't have to share my personal information such as address), but haven't heard back since. This is now two days ago. This level of customer support is not what I would expect from a company that prides itself on their homepage for their customer support, in particular since family licences are not exactly cheap either.

I purchased my first licence more than 10 years ago, and have been using 1Password ever since. I was already considering switching, as I don't like the direction that is taken with 1Password 8 (in particular, no local vaults anymore), and if this does not get resolved soon that might be the last drop to make the jump. It also shows one of the downsides of the subscription model, where the software suddenly stops working (apparently even if you're all paid up...). A very disappointing experience, and the fact it has not been resolved yet after three days is unacceptable for a tool that is central to many people's workflows.

• mico1964
    mico1964
    Community Member
    Options

The "riffman" method worked!
    Thanks man!

• Folks I apologize for the continued trouble. We're not able to access account details here in the community. Someone from the billing team will respond to you once you submit a request. Please wait for them to do so. Submitting multiple requests will slow down the reply process. If you've not yet reached out to the billing team please do so using this email address. support+forum@1password.com

• ijsklont
    ijsklont
    Community Member
    Options

@mico1964 Do you have two subscriptions now, or were you not charged? Or was it added to the length of your active subscription?

I'm on the yearly family plan, and don't feel much like effectively lending 55 GBP for a year, or paying the higher monthly subscription price...

• ijsklont
    ijsklont
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Could you please indicate how long we should expect to wait for a solution? I got an initial reply within half a day or so from billing support, but radio silence since (two days now since I submitted the requested information).

• andress
    andress
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy what is the point to contact the email you provided since there is no answer?

• We answer support requests in the order received.

This discussion has been closed.