External backup disk drive not unmounting… suspect a 1P process

Options
Mark Sealey
Mark Sealey
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Mac

Either as a result of the upgrade to macOS 13.3 (and/)or a recent 1P upgrade, one of my external drives now refuses to unmount - apparently, it seems, because of a 1Password process (PluginLibraryService 1126 1Password Helper).

I do have the volume in question (Mercury Elite Pro) in Spotlight's Privacy list.

Is this a known issue; or am I doing something wrong, please? Thanks in advance…

1Password Version: 8.10.3 81003012 on PRODUCTION channel
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 13.3
Browser:_ n/a

Comments

• Hey @Mark Sealey

Off-hand that might seem to indicate that 1Password is running off of that drive. I would not expect it to do that. I'd need a diagnostics report to confirm that. Would you be able to send one to us? Here's how.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Mark Sealey
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/139206/external-backup-disk-drive-not-unmounting-suspect-a-1p-process#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Tommy! No;_ 1P_ is running on the boot drive.

Number [#JXT-67858-341]

• @Mark Sealey

Thanks. One of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: JXT-67858-341

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Much appreciated, @ag_tommy :-)

• @Mark Sealey

I see that one of my colleagues has sent you a reply. Since we have a communications channel open via email I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.