Touch ID not working

Options
System
edited April 2023 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Touch ID and Apple Watch are grey'ed out in 1Password settings.

Comments

• JKJerabek
    JKJerabek
    Community Member
    Options

I have a brand new MacBook Pro and am having the same problems as AMCarter3 and ryugoo. Touch ID works for everything else. Just can't figure out how to get the greyed out box in Password to be active so I can select it to activate Touch ID for 1Password. Based on the number of problems noted on this forum, it looks like 1Password has a problem. Looking forward to an update to 1Password soon. Thank you.
    JKJerabek

• Hi @JKJerabek 👋

Sorry to hear Touch ID isn't behaving as expected. To confirm, have you already tried Dave's troubleshooting steps from earlier in this thread? I'll copy them here for your convenience:

1. Completely turn off your Mac and then turn it on
    2. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac
    3. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Touch ID
    4. Turn off all of the features, then turn all of them back on again
    5. Go back to 1Password and choose 1Password > Settings from the menu bar
    6. Click the Security icon, then turn off "Touch ID" and turn it back on again
    7. Lock 1Password by choosing 1Password > Lock 1Password
    8. Now try unlocking 1Password using Touch ID

If the issue persists after that, please generate and attach a diagnostics report to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Include your forum username and a link to this thread so we can connect the two conversations, and we can investigate further from there!

• JKJerabek
    JKJerabek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi andrew.I_1P
    I did try Dave's troubleshooting steps but no luck (Although how to complete step 6 is a mystery because "Touch ID" is already off). Also I ran Apple Diagnostics twice and got Ref Code ADP000 (No issue found) both times. Note: "Touch ID" works fine for all other applications that I use. It is only 1Password where I can't turn it on. Hope you figure out this problem. Thanks

JKJerabek

• Thanks for giving those steps a try, @JKJerabek, sorry to hear the issue persists.

Please go ahead and generate a diagnostics report from your device:

Attach the diagnostics to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com and include your forum username and a link to this thread in the body of the email.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. You can post that number here to ensure we link everything correctly and we'll investigate further from there. Thanks for your patience, looking forward to finding a solution with you. 🙂

• JKJerabek
    JKJerabek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi andrew.l_1P
    Here is my Support ID number: [#SGM-68652-754]

Thanks for your help.

• @JKJerabek

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will review the diagnostics report and send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: SGM-68652-754

This discussion has been closed.