Windows PC sign in with Finger option

Options
Wizzard1
Wizzard1
Community Member

On PC start up I have to login into 1Password with the Master password. Is there a option to use Finger sign in please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• JohnInCA
    JohnInCA
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes, you should be able to use fingerprint to sign in, assuming you are using a version of Windows that supports that--like Windows 11. First, in Windows settings, go to Accounts > Sign-in options and be sure Fingerprint recognition is enabled. Then, in the 1Password desktop app, go to settings (three dots upper left). Look at Security and check all three boxes under Unlock. (Trusted Platform Module requires hardware that supports that.)

See this:
    https://support.1password.com/windows-hello/

• Hi @Wizzard1

As @JohnInCA said (thanks!) you'll need a TPM 2.0-compliant PC to be able to use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password at startup. If your PC isn't TPM 2.0-compliant, you'll be able to use Windows Hello every time you unlock 1Password after using your account password the first time. Hope that helps!

— Grey

• Wizzard1
    Wizzard1
    Community Member
    Options

@JohnInCA, @GreyM1P I have TPM 2.0 compliant PC and use finger print scannet tyo log into Windows 11 at start up.

The third box (Trusted Platform Module) is grayed out.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Wizzard1, thanks for your response! It may be that Windows Hello was already set up on your device before your TPM was enabled. In this case, your Windows Hello keys won't have been moved into hardware storage, which is required for the option to be available in 1Password.

Re-enrolling your Windows Hello data should resolve this. You can do this by removing all your Hello options (face, fingerprint, and PIN) at once, and then re-adding them. If the option to remove the PIN is greyed out, you may need to go through the I forgot my PIN process, and hit cancel once you're asked to set up a new PIN. Doing this should move the key into hardware storage and allow you to enable the option to use the TPM in 1Password.

Let us know how this goes 😄

• Wizzard1
    Wizzard1
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem TPM was installed before Hello.

Also, tried the secone option and still I have to type in my 1Password "password" to start 1Password App. I still cannot use my finger print to do so.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Wizzard1, thanks for getting back to me! Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com and attach a diagnostics report from 1Password, so we can investigate this further? Make sure not to post this report on the forums.

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• Wizzard1
    Wizzard1
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem Strange!! TRied it this morning when I switched the PC on and the finger print login works! Thanks a lot.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Wizzard1, thanks for the update! It's great to hear that all is working well today 😄

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach back out!

This discussion has been closed.