After installing 1Password-7.9.10, my install was non responsive on the next startup

Options

After installing 1Password-7.9.10, my install was non responsive on the next startup. I followed the recommendation in the forum to trash the file, and then reinstall. The problem is now I cannot reinstall. I get the message "The installer failed". Screen Shot attached.

1Password Version: 7.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3.1 (a)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @hrdes! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into a problem installing 1Password 7. There was an issue a while back where the 1Password 7 installer would say that the installation had failed when, in reality, it had succeeded. Can you check if you see the 1Password app in your Applications folder?

If you don't see 1Password in your Applications folder then check to see if you've given the installer the appropriate permissions:

1. Click on the  in the menu bar.
    2. Click System Settings.
    3. Click Privacy & Security.
    4. Click Files and Folders.
    5. Expand "Installer" and make sure that "Downloads folder" is turned on.

Then try to install the app again.

A quick note: With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. We strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

-Dave

• hrdes
    hrdes
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply! I have verified the app did not install (not in Applications folder), and I have verified Installer>downloads is enabled. I did realize that I had moved this to another folder to install from. I placed it back in the downloads folder and Ran the install again. That resolved my issue. I am back in. Thank you very much.

Thank you for the note about 1Password 8, but I am not a fan of subscriptions or storing my passwords in the cloud. I could probably get over the subscription model, but not the cloud storage. If you ever go back to supporting a stand alone vault, I will be happy to spend on the update.

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'm happy to hear things are working for you once again.

This discussion has been closed.