Offline Items? How do I remove/remediate them?

Options
ShadowXVII
ShadowXVII
Community Member

I'm on 1Password for Windows 8.10.8 (81008024) and I'm seeing a new section "Offline Items" and a Cloud with a cross through it...

The Windows app says "Sync offline items".

The extension says "Finish signing in".

The items in the Offline Items however seem to be old deleted items? When right clicking multiple, the only options are:

When right clicking a single item:

So what am I supposed to with them?

The log is littered with

INFO  2023-06-15T07:23:44.160 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(7)) [status:op-app\src\app\backend\updater.rs:250] No Beta updates found for 81008024
INFO  2023-06-15T07:23:47.346 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:native-messaging\op-native-core-integration\src\lib.rs:361] Extension connecting.
INFO  2023-06-15T07:23:47.346 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:native-messaging\op-native-core-integration\src\lib.rs:363] Extension connection accepted.
INFO  2023-06-15T07:24:43.850 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(14)) [status:op-app\src\app\backend\updater.rs:250] No Beta updates found for 81008024
WARN  2023-06-15T07:26:38.195 invocation_loop(ThreadId(24)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\item_action.rs:1177] Tried to delete an already deleted item.
WARN  2023-06-15T07:26:38.195 invocation_loop(ThreadId(24)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\item_action.rs:1177] Tried to delete an already deleted item.

Regards,
Jake

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• RebeccaL
    RebeccaL
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I also have this on Mac (OS 13.4) with 1Password 8.10.8. There is one offline item. I can't delete it or resolve it.

I logged into my vault online and this item was in my Recently Deleted folder. I clicked "Destroy" and refreshed the online vault and the desktop app, but the sync problem is still happening. (Edit: I logged into my online vault again and the destroyed item is back in the Recently Deleted folder.)

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ShadowXVII and @RebeccaL! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue! The offline items indicator is a new feature that our developers have built to alert you to items that aren't being backed up to your 1Password account. You would have had those offline items before but there wasn't a way to expose that you had them before this feature.

If you click on "View offline items" and then click on a single item at a time do you see a banner explaining the reason why 1Password is unable to sync that item?

-Dave

• RebeccaL
    RebeccaL
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi Dave, thanks for the response! On Mac desktop I get a banner which says, "Some changes could not be synced with your other devices."

In my case, the single 1Password item with this issue was deleted from my vault a long time ago and therefore it hadn't been changed. Now it shows up only in the 1P Mac desktop app, not on other devices (which are all updated to current versions).

Edited to add: I logged in to my online vault and clicked on "Restore" from the Deleted Items. Then I deleted it again using the desktop app. So far the sync issue seems to be resolved.

• justausername
    justausername
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm also having this issue with one item, and no context other than what's already been described. I tried restore/delete and that hasn't resolved it.

Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008024)

• ShadowXVII
    ShadowXVII
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I believe they were all previously deleted items so I would like to just discard them.

I just get "Some changes could not be synced with your other devices" in the Windows app.

There's a few hundred, so I'd prefer not to have to restore/re-delete them.
    In this case, I had moved them from one vault to another, so I guess that constitutes as a delete...

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

no context other than what's already been described.

same here

I tried restore/delete and that hasn't resolved it.

can't move them to a vault.
    can't delete them from the app.
    can't see them in the online portal to delete/restore them.

I just get "Some changes could not be synced with your other devices" in the ...

linux app (1Password for Linux 8.10.8-24)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Hi - having a similar issue affecting 3 "offline" items. They are all documents that have previously been archived. When I click on each one or right-click, there is no option to restore or delete. These items are not showing on iOS.

1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008024)
    Mac OS Ventura 13.4

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@RebeccaL, @justausername, @ShadowXVII, @pgnd, and @iamecho

So that we can look into this further, and help you resolve the offline items, the team would like you all to send in a diagnostics report from your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in .1pdiagnostics format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Done!
    For your reference, this is your support ID:
    [#VWS-99128-652]

• justausername
    justausername
    Community Member
    Options

also done
    [#PQX-72538-512]

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

sent twice -- as app-generated .json, and as compressed zip
    no response from BitBot either time
    so no ref# -- but should be in support+forum@1password.com inbox

• DrRZ
    DrRZ
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same or very similar issue. I have 2 items in the Offline Items folder. Everything is greyed out. The only option in the item itself is to share. There's no option to reveal passwords except that that holding ctrl+alt still works. When right clicking on the the item in the list I can Edit;Open Item in New Window (which also has nothing actionable in the UI);Move;Duplicate;Copy Private Link.
    These 2 items are identical and old. Seems like something that would have been deleted or updated in the past, although there's nothing indicating that they've been deleted. They always fail to sync but nothing saying why. There's no way to delete or remove them.

Also, they only show up in int he Offline Items folder not in a search. Seems to me they should also show up in a search and be flagged somehow as offline.

I sent a diagnostic:

[#WVV-73911-471]

• DrRZ
    DrRZ
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, they did show up in the Recently Deleted folder on my computer (but not online). There were 3 copies there. I removed all 3 using delete permanently. They are gone from the Recently Deleted folder but still in the Offline Items folder.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@iamecho, @justausername, and @DrRZ

Thank you for posting the Support IDs. I've moved the emails over to the right team and one of my colleagues will reach out to you as soon as they've reviewed the diagnostics reports.

@pgnd

I'm not seeing an email from you yet. Did you send the diagnostics report using a different email address from the one that you use for your forum account? (Don't post your email address here since it's a public forum.)

-Dave

ref: VWS-99128-652
    ref: PQX-72538-512
    ref: WVV-73911-471

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Did you send the diagnostics report using a different email address from the one that you use for your forum account?

No. It was sent as an attachment from the same email address as used for my forum account, here.

• RebeccaL
    RebeccaL
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P Done, but I didn't get a response from the bot. I sent it from the same email address as I use to log in to this forum, and the subject line is, "Diagnostics report".

• RebeccaL
    RebeccaL
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Update, sorry, can't edit my comment above anymore, but the bot responded:

[#LQC-89599-556]

• @RebeccaL

I found your support request thank you. We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: LQC-89599-556

• @pgnd

Could you please resend your message? I do not see anything from you at this time. Thank you.

• The only other thing I can think of is, do you have a business account with us using this email address? It may be that your message was deposited into our business support side of things.
  • pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Could you please resend your message

done.
    and successfully cc'd to myself. headers rec'd include:

Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 09:44:46 -0400
    Subject: Diagnostic report, forum post # 140803
    Reply-To: "my forum email"
    Content-Language: en-US
    To: support+forum@1password.com
    Cc: "my forum email"

do you have a business account with us using this email address?

no. the data's from a "1Password Families" account.

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy @Dave_1P

bitbot just replied,

[#CFT-98553-271]

• Thanks @pgnd

Much appreciated. We'll look into your report as soon as possible.

ref: CFT-98553-271

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

I was also having this issue with two items. I tried the suggestion from @RebeccaL with restoring the items in the online vault in the browser, and then deleted the items from the desktop app, which seems to have solved the issue for me as well at the moment.

Despite having solved the issue for myself, I still sent the diagnostics according to the instructions from @Dave_1P, as you might have use of them in solving the issue for everyone else.

[#PFF-77679-954]

• RebeccaL
    RebeccaL
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P and @ag_tommy, I followed the instructions in the support email to reset my database and all looks good. My support ticket can be closed at your convenience :)

• Thank you.

• ahatzz11
    ahatzz11
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_tommy!

It seems like this issue is hitting quite a few people - I'm also hitting it with 9 of my items. I would also like to get a resolution for the circles that I'm going in between the MacOS app and the Chrome extension. The Chrome extension says "Continue Signing In", which just leads me to my signed-in 1Password MacOS app and I get a notification saying some changes can't be synced to other accounts. Both my extension and mac app are updated. I even tried to do a fresh install of 1Password on my mac.

I find it quite frustrating that this support thread ends up just being private support emails for people but no actual resolution without signing up for a forum account, and now re-doing all of the steps above to send in diagnostics. It would be great if 1Password was more transparent in these forums about the fixes for issues so people can self-troubleshoot.

My support ID is [#WJV-57597-129]

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@ahatzz11

Thank you for the feedback. Currently, the offline items message can be caused by a variety of different issues and sending in a diagnostics report to the team is the best option. The diagnostics report allows our support team to identify the specific cause, and to provide a tailored solution, for your situation. We'll work to improve the situation in the future.

I see that your diagnostics report made it to the correct team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: WJV-57597-129

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible

i received an email reply to ^this^ submitted report from (apparently) "a colleague of yours", referring to completely the wrong issue.
    don't know how it works 'over there' -- are you able to check/redirect to the right person(s), or at least get them to reply to the right issue?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@pgnd

Thank you for flagging this and I'm sorry that the initial reply wasn't correct. I've alerted my colleagues on the support team and they'll get another reply out to you as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: CFT-98553-271

• Authority
    Authority
    Community Member
    Options

Just a me too.

One offline item. It is an out-of-date copy of an item. Offline item is showing in the wrong/previous vault (my private vault). The current/correct item is available from the correct vault (a shared vault). Error in the desktop UI is "Offline item: Permission error"

For your reference, this is my support ID:

[#TPH-22733-922]