Offline Items? How do I remove/remediate them?

Options

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Authority

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that the team has already sent you a response and I recommend that you continue the discussion over email.

-Dave

ref: TPH-22733-922

• davipt
    davipt
    Community Member
    Options

Here’s another support ID: [#QHJ-12575-896]

I’ve successfully cleaned up a dozen items by going to the web, looking for each, and hitting restore, which immediately removed the item from the Mac app. However, I still have one item that did not exist on the deleted items on the web, so I can’t get rid of it.

I had many items on the deleted items list on the web. Many of them are quite old and have been deleted from the app a long time ago, so they somehow failed to be deleted. Another group is a “bug” (in my opinion) where moving items from one folder to another one will (or did in the past?) create completely new records on the new folder and then delete the old items from the original folder. I consider this a bug because I had some of those items linked with others, and by moving the records, the links got broken. (e.g., WiFi items where the 2.4G and 5G SSID were linked with each other, or regular password records for test accounts on an internal development service that were linked with each other so I could easily set them to ignore the fact the password is the same for all those test accounts).

• ShadowXVII
    ShadowXVII
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P , @ag_tommy, I've submitted a email to support+forum but haven't heard back from bitbot.
    It's a business account.

Regards,
    Jake

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    Options

fyi

for the case

1Password for Linux 8.10.8 (81008024)
    offline items appear ONLY in linux desktop app
    can't delete, move or reassign the offline items -- either locally, or in online portal

and

willing to lose/delete the displayed offline items

a forced-resync

open and unlock the 1password desktop app
    click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose "Manage Accounts"
    click on the account you want out to sign out of
    in the new window that appears click the three-dot menu in the top-right of the window
    click SignOut and follow the on-screen instructions
    sign back in

solved the problem (here; YMMV)

after re-sign-in, offline items are no longer listed in app

it's unclear why 1Password does not re-sync without this forced procedure

make sure you have your 1Pass signin/account credentials beforehand

• ShadowXVII
    ShadowXVII
    Community Member
    Options

Yes the same sign out and back in was used to clear them in my scenario too on Windows.

This will erase the items that cannot be synced.

• vishae
    vishae
    Community Member
    Options

I also have one offline item. I can't restore, and can't delete.
    It's an item I deleted a while back, so I don't really need to keep it, I just want to delete it.

I tried to drag and drop it into the Recently Deleted folder, but that doesn't work either.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@davipt

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague sent you a reply, please continue the conversation there.

@ShadowXVII

It sounds like you were able to resolve the issue, let me know if you're still seeing any problems.

-Dave

ref: QHJ-12575-896

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@vishae

If you don’t need to keep any information in the deleted item then you can sign out and then sign back in to the 1Password app to clear the item and resolve the issue. Follow these steps:

1. Confirm that you see all of your items in a correct state when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Make sure that you download and save your Emergency Kit
    3. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    4. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Manage Accounts.
    5. Find the account you want to sign out of and click the three-dot menu > Sign Out.
    6. Add your account back to the app.

Warning: If you do need to keep information currently saved in the offline item, or you don’t see all of your items on 1Password.com, then do not follow these steps and please post in this thread so that we can help further. The process described above will permanently purge the offline items and should only be used if you don't want to keep the offline items.

We're working to improve this process in the future.

-Dave

• vishae
    vishae
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P That seems to do the trick, thanks for that!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@vishae

I'm happy to hear that the steps resolved the situation for you. 🙂

-Dave

• ebj075
    ebj075
    Community Member
    Options

I've also submitted a diagnostic report for this. I have 2 offline items that are old items. [#SUR-35773-647]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ebj075

Thank you for posting the Support ID. Once the team has reviewed your diagnostics report, you'll receive a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: SUR-35773-647

• SirSpidey
    SirSpidey
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. Sent my diags to support+forum@1password.com.
    Support ID: [#NUL-67154-737]

Thanks

• DarrinH
    DarrinH
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am also having this issue with 4 offline items. I have submitted my .1pdiagnostics file to support+forum@1password.com and my support ID is [#JVS-64471-985].

I also have a family account if that matters.

Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@SirSpidey and @DarrinH

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics reports. The team is reviewing the reports and you'll both receive a reply as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

ref: NUL-67154-737
    ref: JVS-64471-985

• tomstock
    tomstock
    Community Member
    Options

I've also submitted a diagnostics report: [#LPT-55363-787]

• michaellasmanis
    michaellasmanis
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

FYI I'm having the same problem. I submitted a diagnostics report via email from [EMAIL REMOVED] (subject: Offline items problem
    , sent Tue June 27, 13:14 PDT ) however I haven't received a response from the support bot. I will post the support id when I get it.

[Removed the email address for your privacy -Moderator]

• joseph_fsm
    joseph_fsm
    Community Member
    Options

I'm just now submitting a diagnostics report.

• michaellasmanis
    michaellasmanis
    Community Member
    Options

Almost 4 hours later and I still haven't received an acknowledgement from the support bot. :-(

• michaellasmanis
    michaellasmanis
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like my support email got routed to business support: [1Password] Offline items problem - Your Support Ticket Number is 149133

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tomstock, @michaellasmanis, and @joseph_fsm

Thank you for sending in an email to our support team. I see that my colleagues have sent you all a response via email, please continue the conversation there and the team will be able to help you resolve the situation.

-Dave

ref: LPT-55363-787
    ref: CNG-64683-961
    ref: ZD-149133

• 9Halcyon
    9Halcyon
    Community Member
    Options

Submitted diagnostics file, Support ID [#CJH-34998-627]

• moulin
    moulin
    Community Member
    Options

I've submitted a diagnostics file, Support ID #AVT-58134-962

• gwhelchel
    gwhelchel
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to confirm that the post from @Dave_1P on June 20 did, in fact, fix the problem. I checked the web database and all was correct. Then logged out of 1Password 8 on Mac and quit, re-opened it and logged in again. All data was propagated nearly instantly. And now, all the Offline Items appeared in Recently Deleted, where I was able to Permanently Destory them. All good. Thanks Dave!

• Enceladus
    Enceladus
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P's suggestion worked for me too. I had 3 items randomly show up in Offline Items, each of them was something I had deleted many months ago.

What puzzles me is why they still existed in any form, anywhere, so that they could resurface later. My understanding was that deleted items were supposed to be permanently removed automatically after 30 days. Why weren't they? I'm concerned if 1P is claiming that items are deleted when in fact they still remain in the local on-disk database, which is what seems to have happened. That is a security risk.

Delete MUST mean delete, and if there's an error that doesn't let something be deleted that needs to be displayed to the user so they can take action appropriately.

• gerhard498
    gerhard498
    Community Member
    Options

Another "me too". I have 349 offline items. They appear to be (mostly?) items that I deleted or maybe moved. Going through them one by one to confirm would be a lot of work. I hope this can be resolved.

Here is my support ID (from an email with my log): [#APD-43274-446]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@9Halcyon, @moulin

Thank you for posting the Support IDs, I see that you're already discussing the issue with my colleagues and I recommend that you continue the discussion there.

@gwhelchel

I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

@gerhard498

Thanks for also sending in a diagnostics report. The team will review the report and get back to you as soon as possible.

@Enceladus

I'm happy that the steps helped you as well. A version of an item might get stuck in the local app because a problem prevented the app from syncing changes made to that item. The new "offline item" messaging is meant to reveal these items to users so that actions can then be taken to either save or purge the item as needed.

-Dave

ref: CJH-34998-627
    ref: AVT-58134-962
    ref: APD-43274-446

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

If we wait long enough, will there be an automated solution to resolving our offline items? Or is every customer expected to contact support to resolve their issues? i.e. if they'll auto resolve in the future, I'll wait; if not, then I'll bite the bullet and pursue it now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• 9Halcyon
    9Halcyon
    Community Member
    Options

All good! After I submitted the dx, the team quickly sent me some simple instructions for a fix, and it worked. Thanks!