Offline Items? How do I remove/remediate them?

Options
124»

Comments

• @LouieLou

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the issue. As a start, please try the instructions in our guide: What to do if you see a message about offline items — 1Password Community

If that doesn't work then please follow the instructions at the end of that guide to send a diagnostics report to the team so that they can help you directly. 🙂

-Dave

• LouieLou
    LouieLou
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Someone from your team reached out and provided instructions on how to resolve, and it now works! :)

• Sounds great @LouieLou

• asbjornu
    asbjornu
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Add me to the list of people bothered by this bug. I have one item in the "Items with Offline Changes" list and I can't do anything with it. Clicking it, the app bounces quickly forth to an empty item view and then back to the list. I can't delete the item.

The 1Password on iOS screen is littered with errors about this one item all the time. Several instances of this ridiculous error follow every interaction I perform in 1Password on iOS:

Items with Offline Changes error

If I could only ignore the warning, it wouldn't be a problem, but the only action that can be performed is to "View Offline Items".

Please fix this horrendous bug. This is the absolute worst experience I've had with any version of 1Password since I first purchased the app some 13 years ago.

• @asbjornu

I'm sorry for the frustration. If you send a diagnostics report in to the team they'll be able to reply with step-by-step instructions on how to get everything working again:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• asbjornu
    asbjornu
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P, I would have sent a diagnostics report, but that required me to install Mail.app for some reason, which wouldn't initialize because it didn't recognize the e-mail accounts already added in iCloud, so I couldn't get past the "Add e-mail account" screen to start using the app. I'm using Spark for e-mail, not Mail.app and don't understand why you require Mail.app to be installed. Either way, because of the Mail.app requirement, I am unable to send diagnostics reports.

That being said, I was able to delete the offline item by logging out and back into my 1Password family account. I don't think this can be accepted as a "solution" to the problem though – it's merely a workaround.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@asbjornu

Thanks for the reply. The underlying causes of the issue have been resolved in the latest versions of the 1Password app and you shouldn't run into the same issue again.

I'll pass along your feedback regarding the diagnostics report along to the team, I'm sorry for the frustration. If anyone else does still see offline items then please see our guide here: What to do if you see a message about offline items — 1Password Community

-Dave

ref: PB-36592420

• IGHOR
    IGHOR
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

the issue have been resolved in the latest versions of the 1Password app

It isn't. I just reproduced that on 1Password for Mac 8.10.20 (81020036)
    Steps done:
    1) move item to another vault
    2) press Undo once appeared
    Item is now offline and can't delete that, error: "Offline item: Permission error"

• @IGHOR

I'm sorry that you're seeing an offline item after moving that item. It looks like since my last comment on November 2nd, we've received another report of similar behaviour from another person. Are you able to reproduce the issue using another item?

For the item that went offline after being moved: does it have an attachment? Or have you attempted to add an attachment to that item recently?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#25730

• IGHOR
    IGHOR
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P, no it doesn't have attachment.
    No attachment actions were done this time.
    Also, this annoyance isn't new to me, it's happened before, and I had to reset everything to fix it.
    Last time, I think the reason was different.
    Just let us delete any offline items, regardless of why they appear.
    Fix this finally please.

• @IGHOR

I'm sorry for the frustration. So that we can help you resolve the issue, and learn more to prevent it from happening in the future, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• IGHOR
    IGHOR
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P done. I wish you can fix that permanently. Adding a delete button that just removing offline items would be perfect.

• @IGHOR

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report. One of my colleagues will send you a reply via email as soon as they've finished reviewing the report. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: HHW-42538-829

• rizzkazz
    rizzkazz
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P done!

For your reference, this is your support ID:
    [#HVX-19116-379]

• @rizzkazz

Thank you. Also, check your email when you can. We're awaiting a reply when you have the chance. 🙂

ref: HVX-19116-379

• seinnichts
    seinnichts
    Community Member
    Options

Same situation.Just 1 or 2. Will reference this.

• Hi @seinnichts,

If you're seeing offline items within the 1Password app on one of your devices, I'd like you to follow the steps listed in this support guide in order to try and resolve the offline items:

If you run into any trouble, please follow the instructions at the end of that guide to send a diagnostics report to the team so that they can help you directly.

• flusherd
    flusherd
    Community Member
    edited March 3
    Options

Never mind

• Welcome to the 1Password community @flusherd !

Be sure to let me know if you're still running into any trouble with an offline items error or any other issues with 1Password.

-Zaid

• Tibimac
    Tibimac
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this problem currently but when I touch the button "Show offline items", the list is empty so I think the error is wrong. Moreover the error pop-in is displayed 4 times at once, stacked on top of each other, each time I'm doing an action.
    Very annoying !

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Tibimac

I'm sorry that you're seeing an offline items message. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

-Dave