Experiment #1 - Default Details

Options

Comments

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

@matt.g1P In case it's not already in your mind from @Hap67's suggestions, all my archived Privacy cards are also there.

Ultimately I'd love to hear feedback on two very specific questions:
    1. Yes
    2. Yes

• @CorgiBike great to hear you like the feature! As for archived items, it’s on my list. I think we are just going to exclude archived items all together instead of putting them at the bottom. They’re archived for a reason.

• DutchDelight
    DutchDelight
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes, it gives me control.
    2. Most definitely.
  • naterosson78
    naterosson78
    Community Member
    Options

I am liking this feature and I am excited to see all of this community discussing thoughts and best practices. Looking forward to diving in more with the tool!

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member
    Options

The idea is good but if you have 1 credit card and 1 currency … depending where I’m physically or the currency I want to use the card are different

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    1. Yes, I have a number of credit card and identity items across both personal use (I have numerous ones, plus ones shared in my family) and related to the consulting business I run but that live in my vaults, so being able to have a way to set my defaults is great.
    2. Yes, I've found this useful (see above) and think that many others will as well.
  • Robco888
    Robco888
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it enables quick completion of signup and avoids the repetitious entering of the same info

• mjlopez
    mjlopez
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I do like this feature. As the head of my household, having my default info pop up before my wife or kids is a nice feature. I also do some accounting work for my family and have some of my family’s info in there for quick reference so this streamlines the process for my everyday use age much nicer.

• doughertz
    doughertz
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes, very straightforward!
    2. Sure!
  • br1896
    br1896
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn’t work basically crap!

• matt.g1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@br1896 can you provide more information? What exactly isn't working? Happy to help troubleshoot it for you.

@CorgiBike @Hap67 archived items should no longer show up in the list if you try the latest nightly. Thanks for that feedback! If you get a chance to test that would be awesome.

• Goldfinger
    Goldfinger
    Community Member
    Options

Good features. Yes to production. But i dont understand why more than a few people have multiple contact cards in a vault? I just have myself. other family have their own vaults. (I use the collections feature to only see my own vault and a shared vault).
    So if anyone can explain why more than a few other people have multiple contacts stored, i would appreciate learning why.

Thx, M.

• br1896
    br1896
    Community Member
    Options

I have my info entered but it ends there. Anytime I’m asked for my specifics I don’t see my name displayed or my email address. All I see is my wife’s stuff

• toddicus13
    toddicus13
    Community Member
    Options

Yes and yes, please.

• kwjr78
    kwjr78
    Community Member
    Options

Works great

• chiles007
    chiles007
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it is definitely helpful. Makes it easier accessing my information.

Thanks

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member
    Options

Chiming in that I think the feature looks great but that I would also like to pick my business account; I use it as my primary and am sharing another with family—I may need to rethink how I organize this, haha. Seeing the same that @iamncdai is

• @awholelattelove we do plan on opening this up to Business accounts as well. We just wanted to gauge feedback from Business Admins before we did so. Hopefully Labs experiments will be available on all accounts in the very near future.

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member
    Options

@matt.g1P Thanks for confirming that's in the future for us. I'll look forward to it! We appreciate you guys.

• jat
    jat
    Community Member
    Options

I think this is a great feature - have been wondering why it wasn't present in 1Password, when Roboform had something similar long ago. :)

That said, something that would make it even more useful (for me, anyway), would be the ability to easily change which card and identity are being used to fill in a form. So the default option could appear as it does now, but there would be radio buttons to choose a different identity or credit card really easily.

I haven't used Roboform in years, but if my description doesn't make sense, I'll install it and see if it's still a feature and post a screenshot.

Thanks!

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

archived items should no longer show up in the list if you try the latest nightly. Thanks for that feedback! If you get a chance to test that would be awesome.

@matt.g1P TIL. If I manually archive them, they no longer show up in the autofill. I had thought when I closed the cards via Privacy that it removed them from 1Password via the integration.

• br1896
    br1896
    Community Member
    Options

Still unable to get 1Password to fill in my email or much of any of my information. Where do I put my information?

• br1896
    br1896
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to add why does a calendar pop up when it asks for my birthday. Stupid way to enter my data.

• Mcdchas49
    Mcdchas49
    Community Member
    Options

Yes and Yes

• awmckinlay1
    awmckinlay1
    Community Member
    Options

Yes very useful.

• careyjames
    careyjames
    Community Member
    Options

keep this feature

• frath
    frath
    Community Member
    Options

Helpful but I would like to see a 1st and 2nd choice (for example home and office address and primary and secondary card).

• @frath that's definitely on the roadmap. We plan on allowing you to select more than one email/address/etc per account and put them in a prioritized order. Wanted to confirm the value here first with something lightweight before we dig in deeper.

• RobCohenSD
    RobCohenSD
    Community Member
    Options

Great idea. Just added it and if it works as expected I will be a happy guy.

• djbystedt
    djbystedt
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I appreciate this feature! It can be helpful, but it has potential to be better imo.

I’d like to see the feature expanded into multiple ‘defaults’. There are many ways to go about this - which is to say the specifics aren’t important.

It can be thought of as “Identities.” When one email is used, the suggested default credit card & address matches based upon that input.

This can also work with Vaults. Users would have their default personal Vault which is made upon account creation, and could input their personal details, email, home address, and personal credit card into this Vault.

But they could also make a Work Vault and have their work email, work address, and work credit cards be suggested as the defaults for this Vault.

If one email is entered into a form, Auto-fill should offer associated vault/identity details as the default for the remainder of the form.

Auto-Fill could also use URL information to determine which Vault a particular URL is associated with and suggest that Vault’s defaults.

I think there is a lot of potential with default details to improve Auto-Fill.

1 - Meh. I don’t gave many credit cards or personal identities input into 1Password, so the benefit for myself is small.
    2 - There don’t seem to be any bugs, so I wouldn’t see a benefit to holding it back from Stable.