Experiment #1 - Default Details

Options
124»

Comments

• AskAmal
    AskAmal
    Community Member
    Options

Long time user of app and this is definitely great feature add on!

• cups
    cups
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome feature! Thank you

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

As this experiment has ended, has the functionality been introduced into the app?

I feel as though when an experiment is ended and it shows up under the "Ended" title in the Settings window, that there should be some form of note to say what the outcome of the experiment was, eg: whether it's being worked on to include, whether it's already been included (if so then a link to that option), or whether it was decided not to go ahead with full integration.

It would help those of us spending time to quickly be able to check if the experiments were successes or failures and know how we can continue using those lab features if we enjoyed them or found them useful!

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@rctneil It surfaced as "Profile" in one of the newer nightly releases:

A very nice overview form.

• mstasim
    mstasim
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes - very much so
    2. Yes - really like this feature
  • EddyExmann
    EddyExmann
    Community Member
    Options

Great

• EddyExmann
    EddyExmann
    Community Member
    Options

Yes please

• Syl1
    Syl1
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the default Great addition.

• Mariusz
    Mariusz
    Community Member
    Options

It's useful, so my answer is twice yeses.

• GoldyOH
    GoldyOH
    Community Member
    Options

Yes and yes. Very helpful for those with multiple credit cards

• Zapper1
    Zapper1
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes to both. A nice addition to make things easier.....thanks.

• Bern Shanfield
    Bern Shanfield
    Community Member
    Options

Yes saves friction. Yes bolt it on. Be clearer to substitute the word friction with actions.

Sometimes I need to fill in email address when secure input is enabled and neither 1p or defined shortcut works. Would like to never ever type my email address again. Ever. Would you fix that please 😉.

• Kraty25
    Kraty25
    Community Member
    Options

Užitečný

• Kraty25
    Kraty25
    Community Member
    Options

Užitečný

• matt.g1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi everyone!

We’re thrilled to share some exciting news! Thanks to your invaluable feedback on this labs’ experimental feature, we've successfully polished and refined this feature, and it's now officially live in the 1Password desktop and mobile apps. 🎉

What are default details?
    For those who might have missed our earlier posts, we ran an experiment that allowed you to set a default identity item and credit/debit card within 1Password. When you autofill this information, these will take the top position in the list, making the autofill process faster and more convenient.

How can you set your default details now?
    Whether you're on your desktop or using the 1Password mobile app, you'll now notice a brand-new Profile tab right on your home screen. With just a few taps, you can set your default identity and payment card. If you have multiple accounts, such as a personal and a work account, you can customize these details for each, making it easier to differentiate them when autofilling your details.

These selections will seamlessly sync across all your devices where you use 1Password.

We're committed to continuously evolve and enhance this new Profile tab to tailor 1Password to your unique needs and provide an even better experience.

We couldn't have reached this milestone without your input and engagement. We have over 100 forum entries full of positive feedback that motivated us to work diligently on this feature, and we're proud to have it in all our apps now.

Thank you for being a part of our 1Password community and helping us create a more secure and convenient world for everyone. I'd love more feedback on the profile feature if you have any. Keep an eye on Labs for more cool stuff to come!

• rbegleiter
    rbegleiter
    Community Member
    Options

I like this feature. Suggestions: I'd like the ability to set some additional "defaults," beyond "identity" and "payment card." (Such as "addresses" and "phone numbers" and other fields of my choosing such as first/last names, etc. I'd like the ability to change the "profile icon" to a photo and/or icon of my choosing (rather than the default female icon which appears in my 1P system, for example). I'd like the ability to assign colors to my identities, so I can pick them out quickly without having to give them each specialized text labels. I'd like the ability (somewhere) to list my "payment cards" in the order I prefer - and give them icon colors I prefer - rather than the defaults applied by 1P.

• I like this feature. Suggestions: I'd like the ability to set some additional "defaults," beyond "identity" and "payment card." (Such as "addresses" and "phone numbers" and other fields of my choosing such as first/last names, etc. I'd like the ability to change the "profile icon" to a photo and/or icon of my choosing (rather than the default female icon which appears in my 1P system, for example).

We do have plans to allow you to select a custom Avatar right from the profile page. We are also thinking about allowing users to set defaults for other item types and to set primary, secondary, etc for single item types. I think this would solve your problem.

Phone numbers, addresses, etc are all pulled from the Identity Item. So you could just create one with your primary details and a second with your other preferences. Would that work for your needs?

I'd like the ability to assign colors to my identities, so I can pick them out quickly without having to give them each specialized text labels.

Are you talking in the vault view or when you are attempting to fill? Right now we put your selected default at the top of the list and put an icon next to it. If we implement primary/secondary your secondary would just be the next item in the list. Do you think we need to do more to distinguish defaults from other items?

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

As this thread isn't archived/locked, I'll add a note for a feature request for default details on iOS.

@matt.g1P

On Windows, you can click on Profile and then click on any of the items you've added there to immediately go that item in your vault. This is a quick way to reach these items if you for example need to edit them.

On iOS, if you tap on Profile you can only see a list of the items added there and update which identity card or payment card should be the default, but you can't tap the item itself to go to the item in the vault.

It's a small "QOL" feature, but it would be great to have parity between the platforms, and this just feels like a little detail that has been missed.

• matt.g1P
    Options

@Backspaze good call. We've got some updates to Profiles landing soon. I'll add that to the backlog as well.