Error: "Oops, something went wrong while loading" [SEE APPROVED ANSWER]

Options

Comments

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member
    Options

Now fixed for me. I removed the extensions from both Chrome and Edge. I also deleted the 1Password for Safari app from my Applications folder. I then restarted my MacBook Pro. Once it restarted, I reinstalled the browser extension for both Chrome and Edge. I also re-downloaded 1Passsord for Safari from the Mac App Store. After that, we’ll three browsers worked fine with 1Password.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

I'll get onto the suggested fixes shortly, but just wanted to float an idea here.
    It seems we've got a 'friendly' crowd here, 1Password. Perhaps consider something like an 'insiders' release. That way, us friendlies can do a first round real world test for you before releasing into the wild. I've got a family subscription and 1Password is my elderly mother's lifeline. When things like this happens, it takes a lot of effort to get her processes aligned again, including having to explain why the known process doesn't work anymore.
    Just a thought...

• JFOX
    JFOX
    Community Member
    Options

Just cleared issue on my device.
    I am using Safari on Mac OS Ventura.
    I followed the support team recommendation for Safari in Mac OS Ventura. And only did the steps mentioned below. ( https://support.1password.com/connect-1password-browser-app/#if-youre-using-macos-ventura-or-later ) Scroll down to ‘If you are using Mac OS Ventura or later’.
    I went into Mac System Settings> General> Allow in the background. I saw that I had 1 Password 7 and 8 enabled. I disabled 1Password 7 and the trouble vanished and the plug-in appears to now be fully functional. 1 Password 8.10.9 and plugin 2.14.0. (1 Password 7 may have been installed during my earlier troubleshooting steps)

• JFOX
    JFOX
    Community Member
    Options

My above solution only lasted for about 30 minutes and the trouble returned. I then followed ag_tommy APPROVED ANSWER above and everything is working again other than you have to enter your Master Password manually.

• mscheurer
    mscheurer
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I'm experiencing something similar with 2.14.0

After upgrading the entire 1password system is up the wazoo. Can't get anything to fill in anywhere in Safari. Downgrading to 2.13.0 (Copying the app from another Mac) restores full functionality.

Unusual for your guys to break things this badly.

• dgood
    dgood
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem as mscheurer. 1Password is entirely non-functional in Safari.

• pONd74
    pONd74
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same error.

Unfortunately, the 1st part of ag_tommy didn't work.

Please try turning off the extension and turning it on again:

• Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click "Manage Extension."
    • Turn off the 1Password extension and then turn it back on again.
    • Click on the 1Password extension in your browser's toolbar.

Björn

• LTParis
    LTParis
    Community Member
    Options

Been running into the same for the past few days.

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with the Safari 1Pass, but if I access via my Mac menubar 1Pass it seems to work fine, so is mostly a non-issue for me.

• ericbos1
    ericbos1
    Community Member
    Options

Since the update of MacOS to 13.5.1 (22G90) I get the following error message in Safari "Oops, something went wrong while loading". I have restarted my Mac, uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password for Safari, to no avail.

1Password Version: 8.10.9 (81009046)
    Extension Version: 2.14
    OS Version: 13.5.1
    Browser: Safari

• JPEwing
    JPEwing
    Community Member
    Options

I too have had the same problem pop up on both of my Macs, and have done the same attempts to fix. Hoping for a quick bug fix? Praying it won’t require an OS update…

• JPEwing
    JPEwing
    Community Member
    Options

Went looking around for similar threads and found that this has a temporary fix that can be implemented until a proper patched version of the browser extension can be released. See https://1password.community/discussion/comment/693695/#Comment_693695

• JPEwing
    JPEwing
    Community Member
    Options

See a related thread on https://1password.community/discussion/comment/693695/#Comment_693695 for a temporary fix of the issue until a new browser extension can be released.

• andx1pw
    andx1pw
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

If indeed this is real, it seems to be an edge case: For years, I have multiple Windows devices and Windows Chrome browser profiles, with the 1Password extension set to never lock automatically.

Recently, I included a new Linux Chrome browser device, that defaulted to locking 1Passsord after N-seconds. I only realised that after a while, so I guess this was synced up.

Now, all my Windows profiles are set to lock after N-seconds. Even worse, they show the "Oops, something went wrong..." Popup, and it is quite hard to get them reset not to lock. Loads of restarts of the browser etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• rainerc
    rainerc
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here for the past few days. Seems to work now after I deactivated "Integrate with 1Password app", forced Safari to quit and re-started Safari.

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello
    I have a problem using 1password with my google chrome what can i do ?
    The desktop app work fine

chrome app version is
    Version

thanks
    Dany

1Password Version: 8.10.9
    OS Version: Win 10
    Browser: 115.5790.173

• GIC
    GIC
    Community Member
    Options

I have gone into 1Password app > Settings > Advanced and changed my release version to nightly. This version appears to be from July and is working for me after turning on the integrate with browser setting again. I would rather be on the production release but as Nightly is working, I will stay with it for now.

• GIC
    GIC
    Community Member
    Options

I have gone into 1Password app > Settings > Advanced and changed my release version to nightly. This version appears to be from July and is working for me after turning on the integrate with browser setting again. I would rather be on the production release but as Nightly is working, I will stay with it for now.

• GIC
    GIC
    Community Member
    Options

https://1password.community/discussion/141785/1password-in-the-browser-not-working-after-update-to-2-14#latest

Same thing here. See the above link for some workarounds and fixes. for me, switching the 1Password version to Nightly appears to have worked

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

More evidence there was actually a problem and it's been corrected in a later beta build. I prefer to stay on the production release, so will wait it out.

• kcrossley
    kcrossley
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Ever since I upgraded to 1Password v8.10.9, I've been having problems with its auto-log-in feature. Normally, I'll click an account URL from within the 1Password desktop app or within Chrome, and the username and password fields will auto-populate. Now, they often don't and sometimes I get this error message.

I'm using 1Password v8.10.9 and Chrome v116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (x86_64) with macOS 13.4.1 (c). I've tried restarting my iMac Pro and clearing the PRAM, but nothing works. This is becoming very frustrating since I now have to cut and paste usernames and passwords that were once automatically entered.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
    Extension Version: N/A
    OS Version: macOS 13.4.1 (c)
    Browser: Chrome

• kcrossley
    kcrossley
    Community Member
    Options

Oops!. I forgot the screenshot.

• srichard
    srichard
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing for me, but I'm running Chrome on Windows. I updated Chrome and 1password extension, rebooted and still having the problem.

1Password for Windows 8.10.9 (81009046)
    1Password Chrome Extension 2.14.0
    Chrome version 116.0.5845.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Windows 10 version 22H2 (OS Build19045.2965)

• JCOP
    JCOP
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing for me, with the same versions as srichard. If I restart the computer it works for a few minutes but then I get the same Oops error message. Annoying.

• JohannesKnust
    JohannesKnust
    Community Member
    Options

Dear all,
    for me its as well not working in safari (workaround with disable extension, enable reset app setting, browser setting)
    In chrome its working so far again :S

• Ocean West
    Ocean West
    Community Member
    Options

It's been working fine for a while but now I can't get 1p extension to work !

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• amw29
    amw29
    Community Member
    Options

Towards the end of last week the extension in Safari stopped working an only gives this error. The app works fine of course.

I've closed/reopened the browser.
    I've tried deactivating the extension and reactivating it.
    I thought about uninstalling it but got this message:

I've rebooted my Mac.

Any other thoughts? This is the error I see overall:

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.9 (81009046)
    Extension Version: 2.14.0
    OS Version: MacOS Ventura 13.5.1
    Browser: Safari

This discussion has been closed.