Error: "Oops, something went wrong while loading" [SEE APPROVED ANSWER]

Options

Comments

• BrettGrivell
    BrettGrivell
    Community Member
    Options

The following steps have worked for me.
    1. Right click on 1Password extension > Settings > Disable "Integrate with 1Password app"
    2. Unlock 1Password extension
    3. Re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app"

Doing this has got the green dot Connected status back. Just disabling and re-enabling didn't work, the extension had to be unlocked first. I've got a number of Edge profiles and this has worked consistently, but it's only just been done so hopefully it won't break again in time.

• brettn
    brettn
    Community Member
    Options

1Password (8.10.9) is not working for me in Google Chrome. I use Chrome as a secondary browser so it isn't the end of the world, but it's still very annoying.

When I click on the 1Password extension icon next to the URL I get the following (see attached image).

Can anyone help?

Cheers

1Password Version: 8.10.9
    Extension Version: 2.14.0
    OS Version: Windows 11 22H2
    Browser: Chrome 116.0.5845.97

• Seat7A
    Seat7A
    Community Member
    Options

Same here

• brettn
    brettn
    Community Member
    Options

Well, at least I know I'm not alone with this.

• shaunmcl
    shaunmcl
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me:

OS Version: Windows 11 21H2

• shaunmcl
    shaunmcl
    Community Member
    Options

Just seen on another thread how to fix - uninstall the extension, restart chrome, reinstall the extension

• brettn
    brettn
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to work. Thanks, shaunmcl.

• gbrandel
    gbrandel
    Community Member
    Options

The procedure described by BrettGrivell worked for me (thank you Brett!) for both Mac w/Chrome and Windows 10 w/Chrome and Edge. Interestingly, I also have a second Windows 10 computer with the same version (latest for all) of Windows 10 OS, Chrome and Edge, and the 1Password app and extension and this computer has not experienced the "Oops" issue -- 1Password app and extension have been working fine on this machine. I wonder what the difference is between these two Windows machines with identical versions of all associated software. Hopefully, 1Password will do a technical write-up on this issue for the blog at some future point. I am very curious to know more about the cause of this issue.

• JuliusH
    JuliusH
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Had the same problem on Safari. Turning off the shared lock state is a workaround that fixes it. I hope it's only temporarily.

However, the extension can't be unlocked with the fingerprint sensor of my Mac anymore? Any idea why?

UPDATE: Funny, turning off and back on sharing lock state fixed it and also this issues:
    https://1password.community/discussion/141860/1password-window-disappears-when-switch-to-another-app#latest

• snoopsdad
    snoopsdad
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I am running macOS 13.5.1, 1Password for Mac 8.10.9, and 1Password plugin for Chrome v2.14.0.

When I attempt to interact with the 1Password icons in the fields in the content area of an open browser window, there is no action taken (clicking does nothing).

When I attempt to interact with the 1Password Browser Toolbar icon, it will display the following:

Clicking Reload makes no difference.

I have attempted multiple reboots, quit and restarted Chrome, 1Password, etc. to no avail.

I am able to access 1Password functionality in the browser using the system MenuBar applet, but its ability to know what I need is limited.

Here is what I am seeing in the console:

Please help.

Dan Charles

OS Version: 13.5.1
    Browser: Chrome

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue is causing. Our developers are working on releasing a hotfix as soon as possible. The team has identified the cause of the issue and hope to be able to share more soon.

For now, we've published documentation on how to get things working again on our website based on Tommy's instructions from earlier in the thread: If you see “Oops, something went wrong while loading”

Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

• SeverinAequus
    SeverinAequus
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have 2 computers and the 1P extension broke in both of them a couple days ago. I believe that this was right after I upgraded to the most recent version of Chrome.

Clicking on the icon in the browser on either machine USUALLY causes the message in the title to be shown in place of where the normal UI would be. SOMETIMES, only on computer 1, the UI will load normally, But when that happens, there are no vaults, no logins, nothing. But at least I can get the plugin version number when that happens...

On both computers, the desktop version of 1Password is working normally.

Computer 1: Lenovo ThinkPad E490s; Win11 Pro 10.0.22621; Chrome 115.0.5790.173; 1Password 8.10.9; 1Password Chrome Extension 2.14.0

Computer 2: Dell Precision 5570; Win10 Ent 10.0.19045 (corporate-managed); Chrome 115.0.5790.173; 1Password 8.10.9; 1Password Chrome Extension {version unknown}

OS Version: {multiple}
    Browser: Chrome 115.0.5790.173

• SeverinAequus
    SeverinAequus
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked on Firefox on computer 1 and its browser extension appears to be working normally.

• andan
    andan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue, but with Safari 16.6. I am not sure when this started, but my guess is since the latest macOS update.

The extension will not unlock on icon click, but will fill some fields when activated with the hotkey, and when there are multiple matches for the site I get the expected multi-select popout to choose. I notice the issue when there is a field it won't autofill (e.g. the 2SV challenge of QNAP web ui) and I click the extension icon to get the OTP.

I followed the suggestion in the Aug 8th post from steph.giles above to no effect.
    I've also removed the extension, restarted 1P, restarted Safari, and reinstalled the extension to no effect.
    I rebooted my Mac to no effect.

I'm generating a console log, and, heh, now I'm seeing new behavior where instead of the error in the popup, I'm getting an eternal spinny, and the 1P extension icon is missing from the input field.

Huh. The console was full of messages, but is now blank but for a single line. I think I accidentally cleared it trying to understand if it was live refreshing, which I thought it wasn't (this is...not my area of expertise). Ah. Got a fulsome console now after: quit Safari > quit 1P > start 1P > unlock 1P > start Safari. It's logging live. ...and then it stopped logging live, right as I clicked the 1P icon in the Safari title bar. Ugh. In the middle of all this 1P app is telling me to update. OK, I have updated. Console is live updating again. It's timestamp doesn't match my system time. Not just HH, which I think is in UTC, but the MM Is off by ~20 minutes. And I'm not confident the console is logging all my 1P activity. I have logged into three sites and not seen updates in the console (though there is an ordinal that might indicate repetitions of messages. I dunno).

Eternal spinny; missing 1Pext icon on input field:

Versions:

Extensions (unchanged complement for the last couple years, continuous updates to installed):

1Pext settings (no recent changes):

Sending the extension console log and diagnostics from app, now.

• andan
    andan
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

and the 1P extension icon is missing from the input field.

🙄 I hadn't clicked into the text entry field 🤦😆

To be clear, the icon appears, but clicking does nothing.

• andan
    andan
    Community Member
    Options

Dunno if this is interesting but here's a screenshot of the delta between system and console log time

• jribbens
    jribbens
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password button that appears in input boxes does nothing, and the 1Password extension icon at the top right opens a dialog saying "Oops, something went wrong while loading." The 1Password application itself works ok though.

1Password Version: 8.10.12
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: Windows 11

• andan
    andan
    Community Member
    Options

For whatever reason we are back to unlocking and error message, from eternal spinny. I dunno man I didn't do anything.

• jribbens
    jribbens
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password button that appears in input boxes does nothing. The 1Password extension button at the top right of the window just brings up a message saying "Oops, something went wrong while loading." This is new behaviour after both Chrome and 1Password have updated themselves in recent days.

The 1Password app itself seems to be working (except the 'Scan QR code' button doesn't work).

OS Version: Windows 11

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2023
    Options

@SeverinAequus, @andan, and @jribbens

I'm sorry that you're also running into the same error message when using 1Password in the browser, I've merged your comments into the thread that we have open for the issue.

Please try the steps in our guide: If you see “Oops, something went wrong while loading"

Let me know if that doesn't help you workaround the issue.

-Dave

• jribbens
    jribbens
    Community Member
    Options

The steps in the guide don't make any difference, except completely cancelling the app integration.

• SeverinAequus
    SeverinAequus
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P : Disabling and re-enabling the extension didn't make any difference.

• TZESteve
    TZESteve
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012034) along with an updated browser extension (2.14.1) have been released in the stable channel & seems to fix this issue although it is not mentioned in the release notes!
    You can now turn "Integrate with 1Passwword App" back on in the extension settings

• Thanks @TZESteve for the report. I'll let the team know the updates helped.

• jribbens
    jribbens
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm the updated Chrome extension 2.14.1 has fixed the problem for me too, under Windows 11.

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

I updated Chrome recently and then some time after that I have noticed that the extension has stopped working. When I click on the 1password icon in an entry field nothing happens. When I click on the 1Password icon in the extensions area of the toolbar, I get a popup that says:

Oops something when wrong and gives me a chance to reload or contact support.

Have other people encountered this with the latest chrome? I have rebooted a few times and that has not helped.

OS Version: windows 11 22H2 22621.2134

• @gveres You indicated you are using 1Password in the browser 2.14. Please update to 2.14.1.

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

When I was gathering all of the information about versions, Chrome started automatically updating. So by the time that I had posted this, chrome had updated to: 116.0.5845.111 and I think that automatically updated the browser plugin, because it now indicates that I am on 2.14.1. The interesting thing is that yesterday when I first looked into this chrome said I was up to date with the extension I had installed.

I haven't had the issue since chrome restarted. I will post back if it happens again.

• SeverinAequus
    SeverinAequus
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P @ag_tommy : What a nice surprise to wake up to. Thank you!

• @gveres and @SeverinAequus

I'm happy to hear that you're no longer seeing the issue after updating to version 2.14.1 of 1Password in the browser. Thank you for confirming. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.