Fill and Submit not listing correct Logins in Firefox 23

Options

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have the universal lock enabled.

Then 1Password is behaving as designed. Disable Universal Unlock if you want to unlock the browser extensions separately. Otherwise, with Universal Unlock enabled 1Password will be unlocked along with the main app.

• meathead
    meathead
    Community Member
    Options

It isn't behaving correctly though. Even after quitting firefox and re-opening the program, 1Password is still logged in. That has never happened before. The only way to ensure it will lock is to hit the lock button on the extension.

Maybe I didn't explain myself enough in the previous post. When the auto-lock enables, the extension becomes locked up meaning it won't allow any typing to unlock it. You can still look through all the logins, passwords, and information contained in the extension. You can click on the "lock" button on the extension, and TRY to login again using your mater password, but the extension will not accept it. The extension is completely locked up at that point. Closing and reopening Firefox doesn't fix this issue. Hopefully that makes sense.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password browser ext remains open after I left browser and returned later.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like your issue is pretty different than the original issue then. I think I was confused since you posted in that other thread.

So when you say "locked up" you don't mean locked in the sense of 1Password being locked but the UI is unresponsive to input. Is that correct?

• amweiss
    amweiss
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using 1Password for a few years and this is an issue that began just recently. I'm using a Firefox (version 23.0.1) browser on a new iMac (OS X version 10.8.4) and have 1Password (version 3.9.19) running. If I open up the browser (after having quit the browser), 1Password works fine. Over time however (if I haven't quit the browser), if I ciick 1Password will no data or it will have not automatically closed (even though it's set to close in the security settings)..and it's not updating data from the 1Password desktop version.

I've tried deleting the add-on, then re-installing it, but this does not solve the problem. Any suggestions on getting 1Password working again on my browser? Thanks.

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same versions as above and same issue. Sometimes when I click on the 1Password button, the drop down menu will be blank with no entries. Seems if I restart Firefox, it will work correctly. Have not noticed a pattern quite yet. Have also deleted add-on and reinstalled with no luck either.

• meathead
    meathead
    Community Member
    Options

I think all of these issues are the same. There is no set pattern to the way it happens. I just left my computer for an hour and have come back to it with no use of the extension at all. I deleted the extension and reinstalled...nothing happens. I've closed firefox and reopened and nothing. There are several threads on this and I think they are all the same basic problem. Unfortunately, it is hard to put my finger on exactly what is causing the issue...

• meathead
    meathead
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

Yes, the IU is unresponsive...to answer your question. BUT, the other issues in the other threads also happen...

• meathead
    meathead
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

this thread sums it up as well. All the same issue...seems like Firefox23 possibly? 3rd post is a good synopsis

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are you willing to try the 1Password 4 beta? If so, please email us with a link to this thread and your forum username:

support@ agilebits .com

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Would you be willing to try the 1Password 4 beta? If so, please email us with a link to this thread and your forum username:

support@ agilebits .com

• davebarnes
    davebarnes
    Community Member
    Options

I had this problem immediately after "upgrading" to Firefox 23 about 2 weeks ago. I solved the problem by going back to Firefox 22.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davebarnes, that is one solution. Just be sure to disable automatic updates if you want to stay on Firefox 22. Please do get in touch if you would like to try 1Password 4.

• amweiss
    amweiss
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

I'm happy to try to beta version..how do I get this? Actually, just emailed support, referencing this thread and asking for 1Password4 to see if this fixes the issue. Regarding the lock up, what I meant was under security I have Enable Universal Unlock checked...but like others the UI gets unresponsive (either shows a blank screen, or if you manually lock it you can't get it respond to log in again).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Actually, just emailed support, referencing this thread…

Thank you! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

• steve65140
    steve65140
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, What's the easiest way to go back to Firefox 22?

• meathead
    meathead
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure if I want to go backwards in browser versions. I have mailed Support as well. Hopefully this all gets worked out because it is quite frustrating. Thanks, khad, for all your time.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@meathead,

We don't really recommend using an old version of anything (including your browser). The best option is to move forward, which is why we are making the 1Password 4 beta available to you. We'll work with you via email. :)

• meathead
    meathead
    Community Member
    Options

I'm with ya!! Looking forward to getting your email. Thanks!!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers! :D

• sagekim
    sagekim
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

When I use the 1P browser button in Firefox, then close the window without quitting Firefox, and open a new window, the browser button menu is stuck on the last page it was on, and the menu is non-responsive. I have v3.9.6 of 1P. I saw a thread on this earlier, but can't find it. The administrator indicated it is a Firefox problem, not 1P, but that they're working on a fix from their end anyway. Any updates on this problem? Any way to get Firefox to look into the issue? I'm getting frustrated with it!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sagekim,

I merged your post with this existing thread. If you would be willing to try the 1Password 4 beta it should resolve things for you. If so, please email us with a link to this thread and your forum username.

• amweiss
    amweiss
    Community Member
    Options

any idea when they will be sending us the beta (sent them a message a few days ago)

• meathead
    meathead
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amweiss and @meathead, I'm not seeing any email from you in our inbox. Of course, all I had to go on was the email address you used to sign up for this forum, so it's possible that you emailed us from a different account that I don't know the address of and thus cannot look up in our system.

Can you send me a PM with the address you sent your email from? I'd love to follow up if I know what to look for in our support system.

Thanks!

• smores
    smores
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

I recently got a new MacBook, which is running Mountain Lion. I use 1Password on this Mac, as well as on my iPhone and iPad, syncing with Dropbox. However, I have had continual issues with the 1Password add-on in Firefox. The add-on is version 3.9.19; and Firefox is 23.0.1. I have disabled, removed, and reinstalled the 1Password add-on several times over the last few weeks, which fixes the problem temporarily, but it always comes back after one or two uses. Essentially there are 2 main issues:

1. The add-on sometimes just seems to stop responding; I enter my master password correctly and sometimes it makes the unlocking sound, yet I can't see anything, other times I enter the password and it simply does not let me click "Enter Master Password to unlock" or hit enter; or
    2. I log in with the master password and am able to successfully log into my desired website, but then the next time I go to a different website, the 1Password add-on shows me the log-in for the previous site rather than the one I'm currently on and trying to log into, yet if I scroll down and click the entry for the website I want, it launches a new browser window. Is there anything I can do to fix this? The browser extension is basically unusable at this point.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that you are having all this trouble with Firefox, @smores. I merged your post with this existing thread.

There are some known issues in Firefox 23 that Mozilla has fixed in newer builds of their browser. But perhaps the best solution is to use 1Password 4 if you are willing to. If you are, please email us with a link to this thread and your forum username:

support@ agilebits .com

• smores
    smores
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @khad. I have sent an email.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers!

• dave26
    dave26
    Community Member
    Options

I sent in the request for 1Password 4 and responded to the email and signed up for the newsletter, but nothing further has happened. What else do I have to do to get 1Password 4 beta? The extension continues to be erratic. Will work for a while then quits. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why. Opening the add on window then disabling and then without closing the window enabling makes it work.

This discussion has been closed.