Fill and Submit not listing correct Logins in Firefox 23

13»

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

@dave26, you should have received a link to download the beta as soon as you signed up for the beta newsletter. If you're still having trouble could you please email us again — or, better yet reply to the email we sent you to keep the conversation intact. We'll be able to better assist you via email.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Firefox 24 is out now. Please let me know if you are still having trouble after updating to the current version of Firefox which contains a number of fixes from Mozilla.

Thanks!

• jgalanter
    jgalanter
    Community Member

I can verify that the issue still exists with FF v24. Both the blank plugin window and the mismatched options.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming, @jgalanter. Have you emailed us to use 1Password 4 yet? We'd love to get things working well for you.

• jgalanter
    jgalanter
    Community Member

I have, but do not have access to 4 yet. I completed the newsletter application process but have not heard anything back about accessing the beta.
    Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that is the case. Please be sure to check your spam folder. We just tested this to confirm that all new beta newsletter signups are emailed a welcome message that includes a link to download the beta version of 1Password 4 for Mac. Please send me a PM if you can't find the email in your spam folder. It definitely should be there according to my repeated testing. :)

• dave26
    dave26
    Community Member

I downloaded the 1Password 4 beta, but I found it only works with OSX 10.8 or higher. I'm still on 6.8. Will the final release work on 10.6?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I see. That is a predicament. 1Password 4 does require 10.8 or newer. Hopefully Mozilla can resolve some of these bugs in Firefox sooner rather than later. In the meantime you may need to either use Firefox 22 or even a different browser. I'm terribly sorry for this inconvenience.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I just posted a support article at the top of this category which explains the options available for this. I'll reproduce it here and then close this thread for now. Please do start a new thread if you need further assistance. I would hate to see anyone's issue get lost in a thread that was too long.

Unfortunately, in the latest versions of Firefox, there seems to be some changes that are causing issues for the 1Password extension. We've been looking into this trouble with Firefox but have not been able to find the cause. We started to see this issue within Firefox 23, and unfortunately Firefox 24 does not seem to have resolved it. It seems that it is related to opening new windows. It doesn't happen every time, but if you open enough new windows, you will eventually get a JavaScript exception, and the 1Password extension will cease to function properly.

We have not yet found a solution, but we do have four possible workarounds:

1. Join the 1Password 4 for Mac beta. This is the preferred option as we are integrating with Firefox in a different way in version 4 which is not affected by the Firefox changes.
    2. Switch to Safari or Chrome until Firefox resolves this issue. This may not be ideal depending on your workflow.
    3. Downgrade to Firefox 22 and disable automatic updates. This is not ideal from a security perspective.
    4. Never use more than one Firefox window. This may be the most tricky to implement since it's very easy to accidentally open a new window or browse to a site which does it automatically.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know by either posting in the forum or emailing us. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.