Issues with 1Password with Profiles in Safari

Options
powermacG5
powermacG5
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The following issues I have had recurring when using the safari browser extention with the (new) Profiles enabled. This issue appears when running MacOS 13 and 14 Sonoma -

• Safari 1Password browser extention works (unlocks) and fills in feilds on second, third or any additional profile that is setup and a window is opened.
  • From the "Default" profile the extension icon generally remains 'locked' or the window opens and the extension shows unlocked and shows passwords, however autofill, copy/paste action fail to respond.

• A Clear History will reset 1Password - however when that is completed each profile is reset and the associated 1Password preferences are also reset

• When more than one Profile window is open Activity Monitor has a 1Password Safari Web Extension process running for each profile that has significant resource usage.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: 2.15.1 21500107, on STABLE channel
OS Version: 13.6 (22G120)
Browser: Safari Version 17.0 (18616.1.27.111.22, 18616)

Comments

• Hey @powermacG5,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in Safari. Our team are currently investigating some problematic behaviour when it comes to profiles in Safari. Could you possibly grab some logs for us so we can take a closer look at what is happening? Here's how:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• sponch
    sponch
    Community Member
    Options

same here. working only on news profile...

• @sponch

Apologies the team continues to work with this. I've added your report to our internal issue.

ref: dev/core/core#24280

• pbreger
    pbreger
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this issue. I have four profiles and at any given time 1Password only works with one of them.

• Hey @pbreger,

Can you send over the details as requested here so our team can take a closer look?

Thank you!

• pbreger
    pbreger
    Community Member
    Options

Details sent! Here's the support ID: [#DME-37737-151]

• Dave_1P
    edited January 15
    Options

@pbreger

Thank you for posting the Support ID! One of my colleagues will review the logs that you sent in and get back to you as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: DME-37737-151

• iainbeeston
    iainbeeston
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this issue. I've sent my logs to the email above. Support ID is [#RVI-19936-197]

• Hey @iainbeeston,

Thank you for sharing this, I have located your ticket and a member of the team will be in touch soon!

ref: RVI-19936-197

• Jaco
    Jaco
    Community Member
    Options

My typical use case is to have multiple Private windows open, and the 1Password extension is unlocked and working in all of them. But occasionally I need to open a window for a specific profile. Sometimes 1Password would not unlock for that new profile window, or any other windows I try to open for that particular profile. However, if I open a window for a different profile, it might unlock for that window.

I emailed the requested information to support+forum@1password.com, but have not received a response with a Support ID after more than 10 hours.

• richardap1
    richardap1
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this issue too. I have had to disable Safari profiles for the moment. The workaround by deleting history, isn't an ideal solution.

• vatvars
    vatvars
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this issue - posting to track resolution. Have disabled Safari profiles until fixed. :(

• sponch
    sponch
    Community Member
    Options

puh this is getting a bit frustrating... any news on that? I guess this is a common problem.

• frieds1776
    frieds1776
    Community Member
    Options

AGREE!!! PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP, SO DEEPLY ANNOYING. thinking of moving to Apple's FREE!! pw manager if this is not fixed.

• RESINruffanoint
    RESINruffanoint
    Community Member
    Options

me too

I will capture and submit console logs etc when I'm able to.

Look forward to a resolution. This issue is frustrating / time consuming.

Thanks

• AUSFestivus
    AUSFestivus
    Community Member
    Options

I use Safari Profiles heavily. 1password is virtually useless to me as a password manager at the moment with this issue. Im seeing all sorts of weird behaviours as others have described above.

• Hello everyone, I sincerely apologize for the trouble you're all having with 1Password for Safari and Safari profiles, I completely understand the frustration this has caused.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you personally. In your email, please share your forum name, the forum URL and a console log when the issue occurs:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

• sam.doran
    sam.doran
    Community Member
    Options

I have been struggling with this for months and was hoping it would be resolved by now. The 1Password Extension does not seem to work reliably with Safari Profiles. Universal Autofill still works, but the browser exetnsion has become essentially non-functional.

I'll email support and send them some logs.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sam.doran

I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue is causing. Once you send in your console log using the instructions in my colleague's post above, please post the Support ID that you receive here and I'll get the log to the appropriate team right away.

-Dave

• sam.doran
    sam.doran
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P My support ID is #KJC-42732-439. Thanks for the follow up. I'm more than happy to help get to bottom of this.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 6
    Options

@sam.doran

Thank you for posting the Support ID! Your logs are with the correct team and one of my colleagues will be reaching out to you via email soon.

-Dave

• Braeden
    Braeden
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here - Ticket #UVV-95792-244

• jwein
    jwein
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue here and it's beyond annoying. 1Password only works with one profile at a time. If you have two browser sessions going simultaneously you need to disable and reenable the extension to get it to work with the other profile you're using. PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY!!

• Hey @jwein,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and the trouble you are experiencing with 1Password for Safari. Could you send over the details as requested by Evon above so we can take a closer look at what's going wrong?

Thank you!

• JonM1PW
    Options

Hey @arloguthrie,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with 1Password for Safari when using profiles.

To start, I can confirm that our development team is aware of and looking into a few issues that are related to profiles in Safari. Would you mind sharing a bit more information about the issue you're seeing here? Please provide as much detail as possible, including replication steps, so I can more accurately determine what you're running into and what our next steps should be.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Jon

ref: dev/core/core#28250

• Dave_1P
    edited March 28
    Options

@arloguthrie

Thanks for the reply. There are a few different known issues surrounding 1Password and Safari profiles, some of which have similar symptoms, and our developers are working to get those fixed. I'm not able to provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

I can let our development team know that you're running into the issue, and provide you with workarounds if any exist, but I'll need to know which specific issue you're running into. I'd like to ask you to send in a console log the next time that the issue occurs so that I can look into this further:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave