Edge Browser Extension Won't open 1P windows Application

Options

Extension: 1Password in the browser 2.16.1
App: 1Password for Windows 8.10.20 (81020001)

Clicking the "Open 1Password" button does nothing...
Video: https://captures.sonflix.com/DaXu5/kEdiZaQA63.mp4/raw

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.16.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hello @causefx! 👋

I'm sorry that the "Open 1Password" button isn't working properly. Our team is aware of the issue and is investigating, thank you for posting your report.

It looks like the issue occurs if 1Password for Windows is already open. If the 1Password for Windows app is completely closed, and you try to open and unlock 1Password in the browser, then do things work correctly from there?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24758

• JuergenL
    JuergenL
    Community Member
    Options

The same problem here on macOS. Chrome Extension won't open 1Password.
    If 1Password is completely closed, the extension will not open it either.

1Password: 8.10.20 Beta
    Extension: 2.17.0 Beta
    Browser: Chrome 118.0.5993.96

• causefx
    causefx
    Community Member
    Options

Closing the app and starting fresh doesn't not work but I did find out closing the app again will then prompt the user for password...

Here is a video:
    https://captures.sonflix.com/DaXu5/GijEcEqa98.mp4/raw

Here are the logs:

💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password
    background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmRequestAccounts> message to native core <3990996717>
    background.js:2 📥 Received failure for message <MainAppNotRunning> from Browser Support <3990996717>
    background.js:2 💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password
    background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmRequestAccounts> message to native core <3014187982>
    background.js:2  Cannot collect page details to compute suggestions: Failed to resolve information on active tab
    CSe @ background.js:2
    index.js:2 Loaded active tab 132.90000000596046 ms.
    background.js:2 📥 Received message <NmRequestAccounts> from native core <3014187982>
    background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmRequestAccounts> message to native core <3847599192>
    background.js:2 📥 Received message <NmRequestAccounts> from native core <3847599192>
    background.js:2 We successfully unlocked 0 account(s) from a Desktop app with 0 unlocked and 1 locked account(s).
    background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmShowUnlock> message to native core <4164676290>
    Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
    background.js:2 📥 Received message <Nothing> from native core <4164676290>
    background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmShowUnlock> message to native core <3629127689>
    background.js:2 📥 Received message <Nothing> from native core <3629127689>
    background.js:2 Received <AppQuit> from the native core
    Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Another thing that's probably related. I can open the Quick Access with 1Password blocked, it won't search anything of course but it won't open the unlock window either.

• cleiton
    cleiton
    Community Member
    Options

Same here with chrome. I changed to nightly and it works fine now, its probably fixed already.

• Hello everyone,

Could you please update to the 8.10.20-12 beta version of 1Password for Windows/Mac and then try to reproduce the issue: How to keep 1Password up to date

If you can reproduce the issue then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac or Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• causefx
    causefx
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P 8.10.20-12 worked for me! It is fixed now.

• @causefx

Thank you for confirming that the recent beta has resolved the issue for you. 🙂

-Dave