Touch ID not working

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sonoma new password source selection menu.

Comments

• Pfrock42
    Pfrock42
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem as well. I recently upgraded to a Mac Studio with TouchID on the keyboard but 1Password has TouchId grayed out in settings.

While investigating I notice that 1Password doesn't appear in the "Use Password and Passkeys from" menu:

An old install for Dashlane DID appear but unfortunately I had deinstalled it before taking the screenshot

• Hello @Pfrock42! 👋

I've split your comment into a new thread so that we can discuss it separately. I'm sorry that you're unable to use Touch ID with 1Password on your new Mac. Have you already setup Touch ID for the Mac and are you able to unlock the Mac itself using Touch ID?

If Touch ID is working to unlock the Mac itself then please try these steps:

1. Completely turn off your Mac and then turn it on to restart it. (Don't skip this step.)
    2. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    3. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Touch ID & Password.
    4. Turn off all of the features, then turn all of them back on again.
    5. Go back to 1Password and choose 1Password > Settings from the menu bar.
    6. Click the Security icon, then turn on "Touch ID".
    7. Lock 1Password by choosing 1Password > Lock from the menu bar.
    8. Now try unlocking 1Password using Touch ID.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

While investigating I notice that 1Password doesn't appear in the "Use Password and Passkeys from" menu:

Filling of usernames and passwords from 1Password is handled by our browser extension and Universal Autofill. You can setup these features on your new Mac by following these guides:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Pfrock42
    Pfrock42
    Community Member
    Options

You were right to separate them... at the time of writing the original post I thought they might be related but it turns out not to be the case.

On the plus side I now have TouchID working thanks to your support team.

The Autofill is still an open issue (on Sonoma anyway) but I have now seen that there are a number of posts on that issue so no point duplicating here.

• @Pfrock42

Thank you for the feedback. I'm happy to hear that Touch ID is working again.

If you have any other questions in the future then don't hesitate to reach out. 🙂

-Dave

• Don234
    Don234
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Dave,

I have the Apple Magic keyboard and I am recently getting this error. I tried your steps to fix but no success. I am using Sonoma 14.0

The TouchID works fine to unlock the Mac.

Thanks

• @Don234

I'm sorry that Touch ID on your Magic Keyboard isn't working to unlock 1Password. Just to confirm: have you tried the specific steps in this post: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/698679/#Comment_698679

If you have then can you tell me the following:

1. Are you using a Mac desktop or a Macbook?
    2. Can you still reproduce the issue after updating to macOS 14.1 and the latest version of 1Password?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Don234
    Don234
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,

I appreciate the quick reply. Upgrading to Sonoma 14.1 fixed my problem. I love your product.

Don

• @Don234

I'm happy that the update got things working for you again. Thank you for the kind words. 💙

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.