1Password for Safari on iPad not working

Options
Bakj
Bakj
Community Member

Hi, when I click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar of Safari, it just gives me a spinning wheel and then says « oops, something went wrong while loading ». I have uninstalled 1Password and reinstalled, restarted my iPad, neither of which has worked.

Could you please assist?

Thx

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 8.10.18
OS Version: iPadOS 17.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• emyr
    emyr
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, can’t get Safari to load 1Password extension. Running beta iPadOS 17.2 (21C5029g).

• ozdw
    ozdw
    Community Member
    Options

Running 17.2 beta and receive the same error.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @Bakj, @emyr, and @ozdw! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please try the following steps, which should help get things working again:

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#25725

• ozdw
    ozdw
    Community Member
    Options

That solved the problem for me. Thanks

• emyr
    emyr
    Community Member
    Options

That worked for me too, thanks.

Now what was that website I was looking at yesterday? 😣🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

• @ozdw and @emyr

I'm happy that everything is working again for you both. 🙂

-Dave

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

I am having the issue on my desktop Mac, not on my iPhone.

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies, I mixed up my requests, as I am having the same problem on my desktop and iPad. I will try this out on the iPad and revert back.

Thx

• @Bakj

Are you running a beta version of iOS/macOS on your devices? For the desktop Mac please try these steps:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click "History" in the macOS menu bar and select "Clear History" to clear all history.
    3. Once that's done, restart Safari by clicking Safari > Quit Safari. Then re-open Safari.

On the iPad follow the steps in this guide: Clear your cache on iPad - Apple Support (CA)

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member
    Options

I was getting the oops on the public beta as well and clearing the cache got rid of that.

But then went to a site, nytimes, and tried to log in and now am getting this:

No matter whether I choose Allow for One Day or Always Allow it just keeps popping back up.

I clicked on the 1Password icon in Safari and was finally able to get past that but clicking on the 1Password icon in the login email address

or using the 1Password autofill option does not work.

Nothing happens.

• @jehrler

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling using 1Password for Safari. Can you please try the following steps to make sure that your web extension permissions are set correctly:

1. Open the Settings app on your device.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
    3. Tap on Extensions.
    4. Tap on 1Password.
    5. Make sure that all of the entries on this page (especially "Other websites") is set to Allow.

Then open Safari and try to fill again. Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member
    Options

OK, that seemed to work once I also cleared the history to allow the extension to talk to the app.

Thanks.

• I'm happy that things are working again. 🙂

-Dave