Safari Extension can’t connect to iOS app

Options
benf
benf
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

When attempting to use the Safari extension, I get the below message:

Could not connect to the 1Password App. Try unlocking again.

Issue is intermittent, and I’m able to access passwords by using the keychain? or iOS, native section without issue.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.2 (21C5046c)
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @benf! 👋

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It looks like 1Password for Safari is having trouble authenticating. Please try the following steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Does this resolve the issue or do you see the same message? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• benf
    benf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, I get to step 6 and get this error now:

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@benf

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry, I missed the note that you were running the iOS beta in your initial post. There is a known bug in the beta version of both iOS and macOS that our partners at Apple are investigating. For now please try the steps in this guide to workaround the issue:

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

edit: Clarity.

• benf
    benf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

I’ve cleared the cache for the last hour and tried to launch the extension shading via the AA menu.

I get the same “oops” error.

Would you mind sharing a link to the WebKit bug? I’m interested in tracking the issue with them.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@benf

I'm not personally aware of such a link but I've asked the team internally if there is one that we can share. If I do find a link I'll update this thread. 🙂

Clearing the cache has resolved the issue for everyone that I'm aware of, can you try clearing more than an hour? If that doesn't work then you might be running into a different issue that we'll need to investigate separately. Do you have access to update your device to iOS 17.2 beta 3 to see if that improves things?

-Dave

• benf
    benf
    Community Member
    Options

I’m currently running bets 3 (iOS 17.2 (21C5046c))

I’ll try going back further and see how it goes

• @benf

Sounds good. If that doesn't work then please let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• benf
    benf
    Community Member
    Options

That still hasn’t worked.

Going through steps with support in YGL-55148-813

• @benf

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I see that you sent a reply yesterday. One of my colleagues will send you further troubleshooting steps as soon as possible.

To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: YGL-55148-813

This discussion has been closed.