added 1password 8 to new Mac mini - can't log in after adding Safari browser extension

Options
PerryDro
PerryDro
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Mac

I bought a new Mac mini. I installed 1password 8. My iPhone and old MacBook (too old for 1password 8) still let me log into my local 1password apps.

I was able to log into 1password 8 on my Mac mini until I added the Safari browser extension app. Now 1password on my Mac mini and the browser extension won't open using the password that I does work on my phone and on my MacBook.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

1Password Version:_1password 8
_Extension Version:
newest Safari browser extension - won't open so don't know the version
OS Version: Sonoma 14.1.2 (23B92)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• PerryDro
    PerryDro
    Community Member
    Options

So I deleted the Safari extension - no change. I logged into 1password.com and copied that password. It lets me log into the 1password8 on my Mac mini. So now I have to memorize a very complicated password so I can use 1password. At least I didn't lose anything, but I not happy.

Can I change the password on the 1password 8 app on my Mac mini back to the one that works on my other three devices. It's long and complicated enough that I don't think it will get hacked. I just have it memorized after using it for many years.

• Hello @PerryDro! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being asked for different passwords on different devices and can't login everywhere. So that I can better understand how you're using 1Password can you tell me the following:

1. Do you see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?
    2. When you login to 1Password.com do you use the same password that you use when you unlock the 1Password app on your iPhone?
    3. Do you see a "Primary" standalone vault on any of your devices?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave