Browser Extension not Integrating with Desktop app in Word Profile of Edge

Options
stevish
stevish
Community Member

Main problem: In my Work profiles in the Edge browser, the 1Password extensions do not integrate with the 1Password desktop app.

Details: I have multiple browsers and multiple profiles on my computer. On all of them, I use the 1password extension. On Chrome and Firefox, the browser extensions always integrate with the desktop app, regardless of profile. On Edge, however, the browser extension on my personal profile integrates correctly, while my two different work profiles DO NOT integrate with the desktop app.

Possibly pertinent detail: Our company tends toward strict IT policies. The browser shows the "Your browser is managed by your organization" message. As of now, the IT department isn't aware of any setting they have turned on that would stop 1Password from integrating with the desktop app, and they are at least somewhat motivated to fix it, since 1Password is our company's official password storing solution for all employees.

What I know:
1. All instances of the browser extensions have the "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app" setting turned on.
2. The Desktop app's "Connect with 1Password in the browser" setting is turned on.
3. All profiles in the Edge browser (both those working and those not working) have the same version (2.21.0) installed.
4. It was not always this way. My work profiles used to connect, though I can't give you a timeline of when they began having trouble... it's been a little while.
5. When looking at the console log on the work profile, after every "Sending message" line, there is a "Desktop app port disconnected" error message. But in the personal profile, there are no such error messages.

What I've tried:
1. I have tried various versions of the "turn off all integration settings, close out all apps, reboot, turn everything back on" process.
2. I have tried removing the extension from my work profile and reinstalling it.

My opinion (for what it's worth): It seems like my organization has maybe disallowed edge from communicating on all but certain predefined ports, and that simply identifying the ports 1Password is trying to use, and putting them on an allow list might fix the problem. This guess, however, has not helped me or the IT department figure out how to fix this.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Edge

Comments