Memory leak 1PW for Safari, resolved?

Options
goeh
goeh
Community Member

Hi @eschramm, did you solve the memory leak?
https://1password.community/discussion/144424/memory-leak-1pw-for-safari
I see the exact same behavior when I login to my accounting application.
Disabling just that website is not enough. I have to disable 1Password extension globally to be able to use my accounting software.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: MacOS 14.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• eschramm
    eschramm
    Community Member
    edited April 22
    Options

No, sadly it still exists. And it also spins processor cycles - we use 1PW as a company and others have had fans spin up when using the affected site. If it's any help, one of our devs noticed this when looking at it closely in Chrome:

You get a bunch of events and function calls from chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/inline/injected/webauthn-listeners.js and such. From our end it looks like what happens is we end up in a eventListener we set up
    window.addEventListener("message" ...
    and that spins the CPU a ton

So my current solution is to use Firefox for this one site without 1PW plugin, because I was having Chrome issues on my Mac (apparently an issue with Xcode - iOS development). Then I use 1PW plugin in Safari and avoid the problematic site. But honestly, 1PW in Safari has been so flakey lately if you work on a computer that goes to sleep. I pretty much have to cycle Safari anytime I come back to the computer after a lock/sleep cycle.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @goeh! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues with 1Password for Safari that are preventing you from using your accounting software. The issue that @eschramm reported has been confirmed by our team and an internal work item is now open with our development team to investigate this further and get a fix released in the future.

So that I can confirm that you're running into the same issue, and collect more information for our development team, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28227

• goeh
    goeh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, my support ticket ID is GRS-86964-545.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@goeh

Thank you for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will send you a reply over email as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: GRS-86964-545