Auto Fill not triggering for some apps

Options
joshray
joshray
Community Member

Auto Fill is not populating for some apps on iOS but works fine on Android. For example: Blue Wallet works flawlessly in Android but does not trigger on iOS. As far as I can tell, only Android apps are populating under the "Linked Apps" category.

1Password Version: 8.10.31
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 17.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 29
    Options

Hello @joshray! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling a login into certain apps. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

When you tap on the username or password field in the BlueWallet app, do you see "Passwords" appear above your keyboard? If you don't then I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If this doesn't work then can you tell me a little more about what isn't working? Do you see the Passwords prompt above your keyboard when you tap on the username/password prompt in the BlueWallet app?

-Dave

• joshray
    joshray
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings,

The Auto Fill option (Passwords) is displayed on the keyboard. But when tapped it doesn't show a password available. I have to manually search for it. When the same thing happens in Android, the password is auto filled.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@joshray

Thanks for the reply. I can see how the current behaviour is not ideal for the particular app that you're having trouble with. AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password is unable to control which fields get filled when you tap on an item since 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

Password AutoFill will match the apps that you use to your login items in 1Password by taking the associated domain associated with an app and comparing it against the website URL in your login items. If there is a match then Password AutoFill will offer to fill your login information. If you don't see Fill & Update Login when you search for and tap on a Login Item then it means that the developer of that app hasn't added an associated domain and there is nothing for Password AutoFill to use to match the app to a Login item in 1Password. This means that you'll need to search for the correct Login item.

Since you're not seeing a login suggestion in 1Password after tapping on the "Passwords" prompt above your keyboard, and AutoFill isn't filling your password into the app when you search for and select the login manually, I recommend that you reach out to the developer of the app to have them investigate this further. It sounds like they need to add support for AutoFill to their app. Forwarding the following articles can help:

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave