1Password not syncing to Dropbox correctly

Options
theartfuldiva
theartfuldiva
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

I have OSX 10.9.1
1Password 4.1.3 (purchased from Agilebits)
I have been using 1Password for years now. Ever since the newest update, my passwords are not syncing correctly to my Ipad and iphone5. Even on my Mac, multiple passwords for the same site show up and I do not know how to deal with that either. I do not know how to correct this problem short of going to another app for password protection. What can I do to make this app work?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theartfuldiva,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up. Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable Dropbox. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. It should work this time.

This discussion has been closed.