Unable to save new logins

Options
goosta
goosta
Community Member

I use Chrome as my primary browser and I am finding that 1Password 4 no longer prompts me to save new logins. I've also found that many times when I try doing it manually via the "Save new Login" option in the extension, nothing happens. It's pretty frustrating having to open up 1Password, then manually create an entry. Any ideas as to how I can fix this? I've already tried reinstalling the Chrome extension twice.

I did notice that when I uninstall the extension, then reinstall it...I get a notice that an old version of 1Password is installed on the browser and needs to be removed, yet I don't see an old version listed. Perhaps this is part of the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @goosta,

I'm sorry to hear that the browser extension is being difficult for you right now! First of all, let's just confirm that 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' is checked in Preferences > Browser. :)

I've also found that many times when I try doing it manually via the "Save new Login" option in the extension, nothing happens.

There are two cases where 1Password might not pop-up with a handy 'Save new Login' dialog box:

• If there are no username and password fields visible on the page
    • If you already have the same username and password saved for this website in 1Password. This one is a bug, and our developers are working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

I did notice that when I uninstall the extension, then reinstall it...I get a notice that an old version of 1Password is installed on the browser and needs to be removed, yet I don't see an old version listed. Perhaps this is part of the problem?

Let's try reinstalling the Chrome extension one more time, just to make sure it's the correct version:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return.
    • Click the trash can next to any 1Password extensions you find there to remove them.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Launch Chrome and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the big green button, and confirm the installation.

Please let me know if the extension is still misbehaving and we'll investigate further!

• Martin59
    Martin59
    Community Member
    Options

sorry did not find a better place to ask this
    is it possible to watch a thread without posting something into it that does not belong to the topic?
    :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You can make it a bookmark by clicking on the star next to the title of the thread. It will turn from open to yellow, you will then get notifications when there are new posts.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Martin59,

… is it possible to watch a thread …?

That's become a popular question recently. :)

In addition to @hawkmoth's answer you can see mine: here and here.

And be sure to let us know if we can help you any more with your original issue. :)

This discussion has been closed.