I did a Restore and now syncing via Dropbox does not occur.

Options
Peter Roberts
Peter Roberts
Community Member

I’m in real trouble.

I deleted all my folders, because as it turned out, I was not using the folder feature.

What happened was that all (or at least a large number) of my logins disappeared. I had thought that folders would only contain a reference to the data stored there, not the actual data itself.

The data loss affected all our iOS devices and our three computers. That is, the error was quickly synced across all our computers and iOS devices.

On one of our computers, I used Restore to access the last correct backup, and it worked great!

But …

The only computer fixed was the one I did the Restore on. The restoration did NOT get synced to any other computer or to an iOS device.

I am using Dropbox as the syncing mechanism. I examined the data that my Dropbox account has via the 1Password web app, and sure enough, Dropbox has only the data that was synced when I did the wrong thing. The data from my Restore never made it to Dropbox.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here.

You may need to switch Dropbox syncing OFF then back ON in order to get your devices to sync.

Please let us know how that turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.