Different Dropbox paths in 1Password4

Options
DickPhoto
DickPhoto
Community Member

I am not syncing between my Mac Pro and My MacBook Pro. I am trying to sync via Dropbox. I wonder if I have two different files in 2 different dropbox locations. The paths on the two macs are in slightly different locations. I am looking under 1Pw4 Preferences / Sync on both machines.

Question: Are these paths on my actual machines or are they Dropbox paths??? If they are Dropbox paths I guess that is the problem.

I have had some indications that bad people are attempting to access my MacBook Pro and I am getting very nervous and want to change password and get them synced!!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dick

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @DickPhoto,

The easiest way to sort this out is probably to simply reset sync:

• On the Macs, open 1Password 4 for Mac, go to File > Backup and run a backup, just in case.

• Click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the first Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• On the other Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select the 1Password.agilekeychain inside the 1Password folder. 1Password will offer to merge the data for you.

• The path of the keychain you are selecting should be: ~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

Please let me know if this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.