Feature Requests and an Issue with Login Filling

Options
pwpphoto
pwpphoto
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Here are a few things that I think need to be changed or added to 1password.

1) Needs a preference option to the show in browser option ( I don't want non web logins to show in the browers so I always have to keep turning that off when i add a new item. It would be nice if I could set it to always be off i.e. do not show in browser / show in browser Never)

2) Secure Notes need to have the same ability to be hidden from the browser just like everything else

3) Needs a combination category

4) When modifying an item you only have the option of TEXT or Password as a type so if you want to hide a PIN number or CSV number to have to select password. This causes the bad password check to flag it. We need a hidden Text option. It hides the text just like the password does but it's not flagged as a bad password like it is now.

5) The latest update has broken many logins as it appears to be either cutting the passwords off or adding characters to the passwords on autologin's that use to work before the update. If you manually copy the password then the login works just not when 1password fills in the password field.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Regarding 5), I have had that kind of trouble before. In my case the web site required a shorter password that the one I generated with 1Password. When I auto filled from 1P, login failed. When I cut and pasted, login succeeded. It turned out that auto fill and submit works differently from cut and paste. When I pasted, the site truncated the password to the maximum acceptable length. You might check to see if that is your issue. For me, everything began to work normally after I reduced my password in 1P to that maximum length.

• pwpphoto
    pwpphoto
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is not passwords being too long. The problem is the latest update broke this function as they (passwords and auto login) worked prior to this update and password haven't been changed.

And now syncing is broken too again. Wish I could just get my money back from this pre-alpha software

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pwpphoto,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this feedback here. We always appreciate knowing ways that we could make 1Password more user-friendly, and you do raise some great points here!

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your passwords though. Are you seeing this behaviour on all sites, or are there a particular few that are giving you trouble? Could you please tell me the version number of your 1Password extension?

This discussion has been closed.